janspeed exhaust

S

stevenboron

got my janspeed exhaust fitted today consisting of decat mid and back box also putin a panel kn relacement and i must say im very impressed cant wait to get the manifold as well

You'll notice the main difference when you put the Manifold on - its the main increase in power for the Micra :)

Deffo agree with the revving, last week i got my manifold put on, both cats taken out and some magnecor ht leads and the increase in power is awesome!!!

tommo said:
manifold makes a huuuuuuge difference. prepare for some high revving K11 antics :D

Obviously the car will rev better with the exhaust system on, how far do you rev it then before you change gear?? I just take it upto the red just now.

benmicrasr said:
Deffo agree with the revving, last week i got my manifold put on, both cats taken out and some magnecor ht leads and the increase in power is awesome!!!

whats it sound like mate? raspy and crackly :D

does the ht leads really make a difference in performance one thing i like is that you dont have to drive around in 4 th gear instead of 3rd to stop it sounding like its gonna explode if you know what i mean

ht leads wont make a difference. the oem leads are the same as anything else, bottom line is, a connection is a connection.

tommo said:
ht leads wont make a difference. the oem leads are the same as anything else, bottom line is, a connection is a connection.

I agree - the leads won't make any difference atall.

tommo said:

I'd have to disagree with that. Different materials, different lengths, different thicknesses. WILL affect the current flow and the voltage drop. Anything that changes in regards to the leads will affect whatever is on whatever end. It may not however make much of a noticeable difference on the Micra, could probably get a better power increase by spending the same money elsewhere.

on an electrical circuit yes, but ht lead not. i can see where your coming from dude but trust me its not gonna make a difference. new leads will only a) look better and b) replace any power lost from worn ones.

if anyone knows better please feel free to say so.

Alienfish360 said:
HT Leads are part of an electrical circuit though??

it'll be the same as a battery lead, thicker lead wont make the current any better, i know what your sayin mate, dont think im being arsey, but one thing ive learnt is that expensive leads wont make the car any quicker or slower, they may last longer thats all.

I know what you're saying totally. Thicker Cross Sectional Area (CSA) won't increase the current, a smaller csa will. But copper leads will be better than the graphite impregnated string that is on quite a few cars. But with a car like a micra, the difference in performance it makes will be negligable, and may not even show at all. However, in performance vehicles, it will make more difference. But, yeah, no point in getting performance HT Leads for the Micra.

of course it is

we were just pointing out there is no such thing as a performance ignition lead lol

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH its getting complicated lol

Back