funny exhaust noise?

george

Ex. Club Member
i have a k11 which did have a full janspeed system on it, manifold,decat,centre and back box. after having it for about 3 years the back box got a hole in it which you could virtually crawl through (couldn't be repaired) so because i needed if fixing fast i took it to the local garage and had a standard back box and centre section fitted. ever since between about 2500 revs to about 3000 the exhaust makes a rly loud raspy/rattle noise which im pretty sure is coming from the back box, is this because im running it straight through into a standard back box and it cant cope or could this just be a faulty back box???? cheers

nah its not the manifold, it never made any noise at all the last few years untill i had this new back section fitted...

maybe some old rust debris left in the midpipe or somewhere is resonating at that rev frequency?
checked heat shields tight?
exhaust not moving too much about that it rattles against something?
(my janspeed system seems to be off measured round the rear of the midpipe cos as it used to move about during cornering it just rattles against the swaybar or bangs against the rear axle mounting when loaded. now the backbox is ziptied solid to the chassis it no longer rattles)

Back