Janspeed manifold

Well i put on my janspeed manifold onto my 1.0L today that i got from kristian. Still have the cat and standard backbox on. It only took me 1hr 30min to get it onto the car and have it running.

impressed with the results, a bit of bottom end torque has been lost, but it makes up for it after 4,000rpm it doesn't sound like i'm killing it anymore it just want to pull all the way to 7,000rpm.

Motorway driving is so much easier now aswell.

will be putting the 1.3 cams in tomorrw and setting up the cam timing so i have the cams coming on earlier. will let you know what i think of them.

R

Well lads got the cams in.

Had some job putting them in, the cam sprocket wouldn't come off the inlet cam due to some clever machanic tighting the hell out of the bolt holding it on. So i had under 20 hours to find and get one and i didn't have transport to get around as i was catching the boat back to ireland. Managed to get one in a scrapyard 3 miles from me and had to walk there aswell. When i opened up the cam cover on the scrap micra it actually had a snaped chain which the scrap lads didn't know about.

Got the cams in, had to grind a few of the shims to get the tappet clearances right. Didn't bother changing the cam timing for the time beening.

First impression is that yes there better responce and more of a kick when the cam comes in around 3700rpm. They create a louder induction noise due to engine breathing more.

Over all i would say it's a good mod but i found the manifold better of the two, as it is an easier mod for anyone to do and see good gains.

I'll probably going to get the car rolling roaded just to see what it producing.

If anyone needs cams putting into there 1.0l around the midlands area give us a p'm.

Back