Janspeed exhaust system?

GT88

Ex. Club Member
Hi has anyone got a janspeed exhaust system on?
I want one but it is unclear what you get. I now what the cat back is but if you get the manifold is the first cat removed?
That who’d them be a MOT fail with out a cat right?

janspeed manifold does away with the first cat. you also have a secondry cat underneath the car. which is obviously replaced by a janspeed cat bypass. available seperately.

So if I get the manifold, then what should get?
I want it to still be legal.
The janspeed cat back system comes with a cat bypass. So I can’t get doth right?

if get mani fold you want to get the cat back as that adds lil bit more power and is a good system, i dont no were you are getting yours from because they shouldnt come with cat by pass. the full system comes with a sports cat which should stil be legal but will be on the edge.

not really, you can easily fail emissions with a janspeed manifold and a regular secondary cat on it.

well yopu shouldnt fail it i no with most cars that have a pre cat they dont need i, my bro has jst had it taken out of his mr2 while tuned and has not effected it.

im speaking from first hand experience. Unless you lower the fuel pressure, its a possability the car could fail. And you say his car is tuned, so im guessing its mapped? They probably corrected the map so it doesn't fail emissions.

Back