JAE 2006 - The pics, goss, the damage and all things JAE!

yes ed we was looking at other tents around us and yours wasnt even blowing,looked like a house tbh.the one next to you was flat as a pancake though and was funny watching them climb out of it lol

RIK said:
we pitched ours on grass and mud across from ED.because were sensible :D

our gazebo was the only thing pegged down wen the storm hit..the wind just blow it over snapping the pole in the middle hahaha..

you could sit under our guy ropes and not get wet we had so many on one side

Our tent was also properly secured and just down from the right of Ed's as you looked down from the stands. Ems and Arnold's tent was right next to ours.

The ground this year was solid, but to be expected after about a month of dry hot weather, a rubber mallet was basically useless and I resorted to using a car jack, even Ed used a metal hammer lol!

To be honest it was such a mission to move the tents down from where we first pitched on Friday and then to see the state of it coming back after the storm, I was just glad to get everything packed up to head home Saturday evening and then drive back Sunday morning. Most of our tent was saturated inside. incluing our sleeping area, most of my clothes in my bag was soaked, although lol I did find a dry one for Arnold though.

I would also like to thank Ems and Arnold again for there efforts in saving our tent, cracking club spirit and how it should be...nice 1.

When we drove back in the show ground after a rather mad drive back from the Supermarket, it was unreal to see ambulances and fire engine, hearing stories of people being taken to hospital with head injuries from flying gazebo's.

Kev

yeah notice you with the jack up at the first stand lol..it was softer on the actuall campsite though lol

didt realise your tents was there!

So much stuff in this thread i'd love to comment on but there's just too much! I still have 1500 other posts to read. Anyway, for those of you who missed JAE, you really did miss a quite unbelievable event, and i'l struggle to imagine how 2007 can be any better than that!

Ems did a great job describing our tent stituation! To be honest, with the hassle of moving it and getting it into the ground, we didnt put it up aswell as we could have done! Anyway, events arent as memorable if things like that dont happen - so thats going to be one of the highlights of the year for us, and im sure others in a simular situation will never forget what happened!

Ems & I arrived early on the friday to see Mik and his orange k11 (it stood out a mile away!) - parked up on the subaru impreza stand lol. Anyway, at the time of our arrival, the stands were not marked out, the firework area hadnt been sectioned off, and it was quite empty! Was nice to chat to some of the JAE staff though setting up the place, also the bloke who joked about us sitting where 9000 dogs had ####ed and crapped the week before!! LOL. Anyway, people arrived, tents went up, tents went down, then tents flew away - but the spirit of JAE was there this year (missing in 2005 i think) and a great time was had by all.

Drunken dodgems was great fun, lmao at james getting trashed, and welly, loving the air horns still mate haha! Nice to meet Mik, Paddy, Gems, Mr Fish again, raceworks, young Kev, layla and everyone else! Also the blokes i was speaking to about mine and Ems's K10.

Could write loads more, just havent got the time - anyway, roll on 2007

Pictures i took can be seen here >>> http://www.alanarnold.co.uk/images/jae_2006/index.htm

why is it that most the pic's with me in them make me look half cut.
and still don't know how my tent stayed up with only half the guy ropes put in. no damged was substained. just one lose peg. good job i didn't have the same tent as the fast show.

what a good first jae.

no didn't realy drink friday and could have easly gone further saturday.

Attachments

• DSC01473.JPG
    DSC01473.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 406
Arnold said:
Drunken dodgems was great fun, lmao at james getting trashed, and welly, loving the air horns still mate haha! Nice to meet Mik, Paddy, Gems, Mr Fish again, raceworks, young Kev, layla and everyone else! Also the blokes i was speaking to about mine and Ems's K10.

Pictures i took can be seen here >>> http://www.alanarnold.co.uk/images/jae_2006/index.htm

Hi Arnold....the Guys was me And my bro :grinning: Nice to meet you and ems. Next time ill be staying for longer than a few hours and get to talk to all of you :wasntme:

Arnold said:
So much stuff in this thread i'd love to comment on but there's just too much! I still have 1500 other posts to read. Anyway, for those of you who missed JAE, you really did miss a quite unbelievable event, and i'l struggle to imagine how 2007 can be any better than that!

Ems did a great job describing our tent stituation! To be honest, with the hassle of moving it and getting it into the ground, we didnt put it up aswell as we could have done! Anyway, events arent as memorable if things like that dont happen - so thats going to be one of the highlights of the year for us, and im sure others in a simular situation will never forget what happened!

Ems & I arrived early on the friday to see Mik and his orange k11 (it stood out a mile away!) - parked up on the subaru impreza stand lol. Anyway, at the time of our arrival, the stands were not marked out, the firework area hadnt been sectioned off, and it was quite empty! Was nice to chat to some of the JAE staff though setting up the place, also the bloke who joked about us sitting where 9000 dogs had ####ed and crapped the week before!! LOL. Anyway, people arrived, tents went up, tents went down, then tents flew away - but the spirit of JAE was there this year (missing in 2005 i think) and a great time was had by all.

Great photos mate, glad to hear it all turned out ok in the end.

I really wish I'd been able to make this one, the atmosphere looks great :)

One thing for definate, you will see me next year at JAE......

welly said:
yep these light wieghts. and james being staff and all trying to lead me a stray.
I could not convince you to polish off that quickly evaporating bottle of Bacardi could I? You insisted on fruit juice only! ;)

Hi guys

Sorry we didn't get over to see you. It was cool having our own stand this year (even though we only had 4 cars!). Had loads of interest, hoping to have even more cars next year! Liking the orange micra, saw him when we were in the show and shine - just missed out on being called back (engine let us down). Looking forward to 2007!!!

josyjo.

oh you have a fiagro, me n james walked over but u looked busy underneath your gazebo.....whcih wasnt blown over and dead like ours haha. 2007 will be a riot !

i will have another nissan by then dont worry guys

Sorry to hear you lost your gazebo :-(
Ours did get blown down but we put bandages and plasters from our first aid kit and tied a wooden splint from our club sign on it to resurect it - threw it away in the skip that became the gazebo graveyard when we left on Sunday lol.

so many tents where put in the bins on sunday and i remember ED saying looks like a bunch of dead mechanical spiders haha

now that is a genius idea, oh well 2007 here we come !

sat night i slept in my car..the tent was too messy with beer,raw meet,wet breadcakes that was just thrown all over.not very nice

some more pic's. not very good as they were taken on my phone.

Attachments

• 59bhp.jpg
    59bhp.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 430
  • Rik 2.jpg
    Rik 2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 492
  • SP_A0839.jpg
    SP_A0839.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 430
  • SP_A0838.jpg
    SP_A0838.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 458
  • Tommo.jpg
    Tommo.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 425
  • SP_A0861.jpg
    SP_A0861.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 435
  • SP_A0860.jpg
    SP_A0860.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 410
  • Sports club.jpg
    Sports club.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 517
  • SP_A0871.jpg
    SP_A0871.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 415
  • Welly.jpg
    Welly.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 453
more

Attachments

• SP_A0854.jpg
    SP_A0854.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 458
  • SP_A0834.jpg
    SP_A0834.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 426
  • SP_A0851.jpg
    SP_A0851.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 526
  • SP_A0850.jpg
    SP_A0850.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 422
  • SP_A0852.jpg
    SP_A0852.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 404
  • SP_A0825.jpg
    SP_A0825.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 432
  • SP_A0855.jpg
    SP_A0855.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 432
  • SP_A0841.jpg
    SP_A0841.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 446
  • SP_A0840.jpg
    SP_A0840.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 467
  • Rik.jpg
    Rik.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 455
the last few lol, next time iam gonna just put them on photo bucket.

Attachments

• SP_A0827.jpg
    SP_A0827.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 503
  • SP_A0828.jpg
    SP_A0828.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 439
  • SP_A0829.jpg
    SP_A0829.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 446
  • SP_A0830.jpg
    SP_A0830.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 410
  • SP_A0836.jpg
    SP_A0836.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 437
  • SP_A0843.jpg
    SP_A0843.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 428
  • SP_A0845.jpg
    SP_A0845.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 402
  • SP_A0857.jpg
    SP_A0857.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 423
  • SP_A0858.jpg
    SP_A0858.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 440
My car stank of wet clothes all the way home! Ems just laughed.

I cant see the pics you've just posted squarepants

Yeah they work now lol! :)

and lol at those L plates, i think they ended up on every micra there! Now lying on an A road in peterborough

goldstar0011 said:
That black Celica is gorgeous, it's the only other car I want now!!!

i get to see it everyday, he lives just down the road from me. if you look closely you can see the bubble japanese graphic things.

it does look well tidy, he cleans it more than i clean the micra lol.

I've nearly finished editing a short video of the MSC at JAE.

Didn't do much filming mainly due to being very busy organising everything and then saturday's events and Sunday I just plain shattered lol!

I have also done some filming of my corolla round where I live with Sam on Monday, I'll finish editing that and upload it at the same time.

ta
Kev

nice vid kev, apart from the clip of me!! And why does it look like none of my wheels are moving when i drive off - its like the car is being dragged along the ground!!

Arnold said:
nice vid kev, apart from the clip of me!! And why does it look like none of my wheels are moving when i drive off - its like the car is being dragged along the ground!!
That made me crack up that did, it's down to the compression of the video I think. Looks so funny though :D

Nice vid Kev :)

nice vid pal, carnt wait till next year the cars should look even better.
i noticed alans wheels didnt seem to be moving aswel lol that made me laugh.

Arnold said:

hahaha :laugh: made me laugh alot

Back