JAE 2006 - The pics, goss, the damage and all things JAE!

im realy down i couldnt show my car off mayb next time
DCFN0003.jpg

well done to everyone that won their prizes

fraz_micra_88 said:
look like a wet day there lol

And thats coming from someone from Scotland :p

Emma/Micras car looks like mean_green_machines car.

Great pics, think I will have to make this trip next year.

Look what Kev did just as i was about to leave, the cheek lol
IMGP2064Medium.jpg

I did this to my car and i think its the best thing about my new nissan corsa !
IMGP2066Medium.jpg

Type R's Supercharged Turbo
IMGP2061Medium.jpg

IMGP2062Medium.jpg

IMGP2063Medium.jpg

nope, i took it off before i got on the motorway, it was the badge off my dead K11, dont worry guys im going to get a K11 for next year

paddymarsden said:
i know he is running it at 5 PSI and the turbo is off an MR2, nice n simple dump valve....fast

dont know much else
It's a supercharger ;)

And is that MSC sticker still on the back of your car? :D

JAE had its good points and bad points to be honest. i made some new friends, think i lost one by the looks of it (no not gemma :p) and got incredibly soggy!!!

i went over to your guys tents and had a sniff about the cars. some very nice one i must say. the orange one was FANTASTIC! was going to come and say hi to you's, but i wasnt sure weather or not it was you or the impreza OC. i also found you sign hammered into the grass near the fire works. i had every intention of returning it the next morning, but after a pretty drunken night it was in no condition to be brought back. so heres what we did with it:

_DSC3922Large.jpg

hope you dont mind!

Hi Friends :love:

just got up from a long sleep. Finaly we're safe at home, back in Germany. Quite a exciting and awesome weekend! Was pretty fun to meet you guys/girls and just sharing a bit of time together. I'm uploading about 200 pictures of the trip and the JAE, i'll post a link soon. Many thanks to James, Arnold and all other who helped us or did anything to made the trip possible.

As someones know, i told you that we're wanting to hang out in France at the beach. Then suddenly on the ferry... there was an announcement:
"... french french, ???, ??, DISNEY LAND, stupid french, .. ? " :p :love:

it was like god, leading us the way. i looked over to my friend, he just laughed.. haha guess what? we drove to DISNEYLAND. What a trip.

As we arrived at midnight, we were standing in front of the gates of disney land. As we were really tired, we put up our tent right next to the gates and the motorway which leads there.

It was a big laugh, just imagine:
A Micra parked on the side of a Motorway and a tent next to it, in front of the gates of DisneyLand. :laugh:

Next day was awesome, DisneyLand rocks! Then on the drive home, we suddenly realised, that our money was nearly nothing... :p So we drove with slow speed and we really made it! The Car now is standing outside my house with maybe a litre of fuel :p
God Bless the Micras.

Happy Day everyone
yours mike

goldstar0011 said:
2007 could be the year!

Will BEF live?
Will Kristian have a 2L widearch?
Will Dusk have a working 1.6?
Will Wilsonian have a highly modded SR?
Will BooBooshi have anything?
Will AndyS have his NOS?
Will J.a.kelly get that micra he wants?

I might be able to make the 2007 for definate :D!!!!

Hi people, what a weekend that was, i was actually with Midland-scoobies but popped over to say hi and spoke to Richardmicratwister about finding away to graft my sti zorst onto my Mini Beast, i did ask the mrs to drive the mini beast down but she was havin none of it. Bless her.

Anyway hope all that went enjoyed yourselfs, i know my family did,as this was our 1st camping trip, despite losing the boys tent/sleeping bags in the storm, but friends came to the rescue with a spare tent and the Mrs nipped to Tesco to buy a £5 quilt cover for them, once that past the bbq fired up and the beer's started flowing intime to sit/fall and watch the fireworks, then we carried on drinking till silly o'clock in the morning

What a weekend :laugh:

Well where shall i start lol!! My first JAE, and def one to remember!! It was nice to meet everyone i haven't met, your all spot on. Was a right laugh, esp the DD, altho Arnold nearly broke my neck on the first round!!! We'll def have to do that again next year but with more of us!!

The storm was very amusing, Arnold and i were just coming out of Tesco's when i said 'i have never seen a cloud formation like that b4!!', then the lightening started and the thunder rumbled!!! The wind then started to pick up very fast, there were leaves being ripped off the tree's and it was slightly worrying, esp as we were trying to get back for the tent!!! Arnold was fighting with the steering wheel at one point!!! Anyway we got back to the stand and realised there was no-one to be seen, and no gazebo!!! Seeing the state of the stand we drove straight down to where the tents were pitched. The next thing we knew, Arnold was shouting 'oh my god!!', as i said 'what? realised our tent wasn't how it should have been, and Kev's was half up too. We jumped out the car thinking we could save it!!! But to no avail i'm afraid. One of the guy ropes had been torn off and the main hooks on the tent in 3 places had ripped off too. We remembered some of our stuff was still in it, inc 2 bag's of our clothes and our duvet and a few other things. Unfortunately for us these were all soaked, the only thing we could do was take the tent down fully, which was hard work in manic rain, and prevent it from getting worse. We dumped our soggy duvet in Welly's tent, which was standing proud :glare: along with the remains of our tent, then put everythin else in Arnolds car. After this i thought it was wrong to leave Kev's tent how it was, it was basicly a paddling pool by now!! I tried to bail the water out but couldn't lift it from the weight, so in the end i took the poles out on both corners that were collapsed, by this point Arnold was back from trying to save our other stuff, he helped be get the water off the fly sheet which by now was about 4 inches deep. Once the water was out we managed to put the poles back in and erect the rest of the tent, how it survived i don't know, and Kev, how the hell your stuff stayed dry i will wonder for life lol!! By this point we were both freezing, but had no clothes!! :( It's such a shame we didn't manage to get pic's of all this!!!

Oh and who put the 'L' plate on my car!!!!!!! It flew off on the way to Tesco's on Sun, dunno where it is now tho!!!

I'll leave anythin i've mised out for Arnold to fill in, and he also has some great pic's to share!!! ;)

Roll on 2007!!!!!

Ems said:
Well where shall i start lol!! My first JAE, and def one to remember!! It was nice to meet everyone i haven't met, your all spot on. Was a right laugh, esp the DD, altho Arnold nearly broke my neck on the first round!!! We'll def have to do that again next year but with more of us!!

The storm was very amusing, Arnold and i were just coming out of Tesco's when i said 'i have never seen a cloud formation like that b4!!', then the lightening started and the thunder rumbled!!! The wind then started to pick up very fast, there were leaves being ripped off the tree's and it was slightly worrying, esp as we were trying to get back for the tent!!! Arnold was fighting with the steering wheel at one point!!! Anyway we got back to the stand and realised there was no-one to be seen, and no gazebo!!! Seeing the state of the stand we drove straight down to where the tents were pitched. The next thing we knew, Arnold was shouting 'oh my god!!', as i said 'hat? realised our tent wasn't how it should have been, and Kev's was half up too. We jumped out the car thinking we could save it!!! But to no avail i'm afraid. One of the guy ropes had been torn off and the main hooks on the tent in 3 places had ripped off too. We remembered some of our stuff was still in it, inc 2 bag's of our clothes and our duvet and a few other things. Unfortunately for us these were all soaked, the only thing we could do was take the tent down fully, which was hard work in manic rain, and prevent it from getting worse. We dumped our soggy duvet in Welly's tent, which was standing proud :glare: along with the remains of our tent, then put everythin else in Arnolds car. After this i thought it was wrong to leave Kev's tent how it was, it was basicly a paddling pool by now!! I tried to bail the water out but couldn't lift it from the weight, so in the end i took the poles out on both corners that were collapsed, by this point Arnold was back from trying to save our other stuff, he helped be get the water off the fly sheet which by now was about 4 inches deep. Once the water was out we managed to put the poles back in and erect the rest of the tent, how it survived i don't know, and Kev, how the hell your stuff stayed dry i will wonder for life lol!! By this point we were both freezing, but had no clothes!! :( It's such a shame we didn't manage to get pic's of all this!!!

Oh and who put the 'L' plate on my car!!!!!!! It flew off on the way to Tesco's on Sun, dunno where it is now tho!!!

I'll leave anythin i've mised out for Arnold to fill in, and he also has some great pic's to share!!! ;)

Roll on 2007!!!!!

and the moral of the story is to buy a 10 manner and put all guy ropes on one side and play football whilst gazebos fly across the pitch :D

JAE is allways a laugh.

RIK said:
and the moral of the story is to buy a 10 manner and put all guy ropes on one side and play football whilst gazebos fly across the pitch :D

JAE is allways a laugh.

Tbh Rik i'm gutted we missed the 'main' part of the storm, it sounded so funny listening to everyone saying they were trying to hold onto the gazebo, and our tent may have lived more than 24hrs!! :(

I think we'll be taking a watering can next time, how anyone managed to pitch their tent's in concrete i don't know!!! We bent at least 5 of our pegs, not that that matters anymore!! :(

And yes fraz_micra_88, i had a right laugh!!

we pitched ours on grass and mud across from ED.because were sensible :D

our gazebo was the only thing pegged down wen the storm hit..the wind just blow it over snapping the pole in the middle hahaha..

you could sit under our guy ropes and not get wet we had so many on one side

lmao ems i didnt know u was trying to bail the water out !! i have some really funny video footage of james n manda shivering in the wet ! damn that was funny !

RIK said:
we pitched ours on grass and mud across from ED.because were sensible :D

Very funny!!! :p
We were on grass too ya know!!

Where abouts were u tho?, we didn't recognise where u had pitched your tent!!

paddymarsden said:
lmao ems i didnt know u was trying to bail the water out !! i have some really funny video footage of james n manda shivering in the wet ! damn that was funny !

Fraid so, i was moaning to Arnold earlier that afternoon that i wanted a paddling pool coz it was too hot!!! I guess i got one!!!

you know where ed pithed his tent? well if you came out of his front door we was at the side of the field direcrlty oposite..next to the railings near the mazda stand with very nice promo girls with yellow tops on and the rolling road

RIK said:
you know where ed pithed his tent? well if you came out of his front door we was at the side of the field direcrlty oposite..next to the railings near the mazda stand with very nice promo girls with yellow tops on and the rolling road

Nope didn't know where Ed was either!! But i do know where the rolling road was so i know sort of where u mean!!

Gutted i missed it, looks as if the Orange K11 was minted. Glad you all had a good time - will see you all hopefully soon!

Titch :kungfu:

Lol I put my tent up with all its guy ropes fully hammered down, however one did snap in the storm, and a couple need replacing as they are now frayed, but considering the size of it nothing else happened at all. lololol .

Back