Is there any other micra lower?

CMF_1micra1

» CMF Member
Heres some pics of my little micra with newly fitted coilovers and jap headlights? got a set of super s clocks inside, oh and obviously the de badged grill. more to come hopefully but this it for now. let me know what u think n if it can be improved? Oh and is it the lowest in the uk?? and its not photo shopped b4 anybody asks lol.

Attachments

• 45608.jpg
    45608.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 30

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
sportsclassic WROTE:
"bounce bounce, no sump left.. lol

Pretty much :p I haven't seen one in the UK lower.. or even in AUS for that matter. The airbagged ones in japland can't be beaten though!

Looks awesome - loving the silver on black. Just need to give it a clean and a fresh coat of black paint on the bumpers and it'll be even better I reckon ;)

---dens

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
humm... i dont know about that, you measure your chassie rails and ill measure mine (bottom of cahssie rail to ground) im at 60mm... humm... i think its a tad low as the sway bar now has some deep groves in it. haha

micrapic.jpg

you should get some sweet 14" HNT... HTN rims... would make the car...

CMF_1micra1

» CMF Member
hey sorry about the pic it usually is clean, the bumpers come up like new but had just fitted the coilovers and needed a pic, will take another on a good day when its clean. The sump doesnt catch but the cat does underneath because the exhaust is sagging down? there is a huge down side and thats the comfort because all it does it just bounce from the back but handles like a go cart. The coilovers believe it or not are from a VAUXHALL CORSA SPORT, was just an idea at first but couldnt believe how easy they went on. Was definately the best £50 i spent though. But the pic of the micra above is just awesome.

CMF_FiliX

» CMF Member
You say CORSA coliovers? both Front and rear? Plese tell me, year of production becouse i know that Vauxhall have a litle difrent names than europen OPEL.

Attachments

• 45706.jpg
    45706.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 17

CMF_1micra1

» CMF Member
They came from a 1999 vauxhall / opel corsa 1.6 sport, i really dont think they vary though. All i had to do was drill out the strut top by about 1mm and open up the gap for where it bolts onto the hub, the rear springs look they wont work but do fit in well. I really do want to say that i hold no responsibility for any accidents caused by this tip because i am not saying for one minute it is exactly safe to do so, but i have had them on for months now and nothing has ever been a miss. Also yor driveshafts and steering rack ends wont look very joyfull on a 45 degree angle, but like i say i have no problems as yet.

CMF_1micra1

» CMF Member
humm... i dont know about that, you measure your chassie rails and ill measure mine (bottom of cahssie rail to ground) im at 60mm... humm... i think its a tad low as the sway bar now has some deep groves in it. haha

Im gunna measure to the chassis rails today i think but i had to raise it half an inch at the front yesterday cos i found it had bent gear selector and was scratching bottom of my NEW gearbox lol. Plus it had just about pulled the cat of. But thats only on the stupid speed bumps on the way to the cruise!!!

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
OMG SOARER

is that your ma61 in the background???

i got one of them too!! mines in the workshop getting a 2j in it!

wow thats wierd.. some1 else with the same 2 cars as me haha

CMF_micras69

» CMF Member
could i have a little more info on this please, would like to know if its the full coilover system used or the seprate shock and spring on the rear?

if it is the sping and shock on the rear and not the coilover, did you remove some of the coils to fit it in the top spring holder (chassie)?

if it is the full coilover system on the rear was there any strengthening done to take them?

also what drop is it?

sorry for the novel, martin

CMF_RoadsterGarage

» CMF Member
i needed to hack a coil off the spring :lol:

I ran them without the spring perch and they sat a little higher, but the ride was ****house, the "chopped" rear spring on the perch rides alot better.

CMF_The_Henkka

» CMF Member
Hey Guys!

Whether any one of you tested the Opel Corsa A/B coilover for Micra?

I want to lower the more my Micra, but I'm looking cheap way and Corsa's coilover is cheap! :)

it would be interesting to know how the rear end is carried with the corsa's set (pics??)..

I have Eibach Pro-Kit now and I was cut one round on the front springs before installation. It is good to ride, but too high.. ;)

Forgive my poor english. Cheers!

-Henkka

Attachments

• 52627.jpg
    52627.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 29

CMF_chargeR

» CMF Member
The_Henkka WROTE:

"Hey Guys!

Whether any one of you tested the Opel Corsa A/B coilover for Micra?

I want to lower the more my Micra, but I'm looking cheap way and Corsa's coilover is cheap! :)

it would be interesting to know how the rear end is carried with the corsa's set (pics??)..

I have Eibach Pro-Kit now and I was cut one round on the front springs before installation. It is good to ride, but too high.. ;)

Forgive my poor english. Cheers!

-Henkka

No idea about fitting the Corsa coilovers to a Micra but I thought I would say that those steelies (widened stock?) look great! How much did you widen them by?

EDIT: My micra is moderately low, about 70mm to the frame when static and a bit less to the front swaybar. The sunken steelies make the car in the first post look lower :).

mg5163.jpg

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the corsa kit was tried by another member henkka, but apparently they were waaay too low, i would cut some more from your lowering springs personally (as long as its from the closely bound coils that still sit in the platforms correctly when cut, and as long as the spring is still fully captive when jacked up)

frank

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
chargeR WROTE:

-Henkka
I thought I would say that those steelies (widened stock?) look great! How much did you widen them by?

yes Hennka, are they banded or re-dished ?
you can take them from +45 to -40 if you reverse the rim too eh

Attachments

• 52671.jpg
    52671.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 36

CMF_The_Henkka

» CMF Member
My wheels are from Opel Vectra. Original wheels are 6x15 ET49, but these are 7x15 ET37 and 8x15 ET20. Wheels have been disseminated. Tyres is 175/55/15 Hankook Icebear (btw. chargeR: Your Micra looks great! :))

Rims are made www.vannepaja.fi (there is a nice looking pictures of the rims :))

I think I make smaller and wider wheels for summer..

Guys, so what would you recommend if I want to lower more? If I cut front springs more, then I have to shorten my dampers or springs are loose.
Rear spring is possible cut more and I think theres' no problem with dampers.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
The_Henkka WROTE:

"Guys, so what would you recommend if I want to lower more?

I'd recommend you not cut springs like you are..

Unless you're getting them professionally cut, treated and reset it's really a very bad idea. Spend the money and get suspension that's designed to be that low.

---dens

CMF_The_Henkka

» CMF Member
I know that the switch is not be wise, unless if the spring is not as progressive like Eibach. My springs fit perfectly still, but I'm not able to cut them anymore.

The problem is following, here Finland we do not have a lot of options from different manufacturers. I'm not want to buy expensive adjustable suspension (KW, Tein, D2, etc.). Nearly all of spring options are very limited..

What brand of spring do you use guys?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the corsa b coilovers are pretty easy to fit btw, as stated the 2 lower bolts are only 1 or 2 mm closer together (2 minute filing job) but the flanges are exactly the right width apart, and you have to open up the centre hole a tad when swapping the k11 topmount over
and the rear shocks are about 50mm shorter, so you can fit the shorter spring of your choice and still have it captive when jacked up, tho the bottom bush is about 4mm wider (grind 2mm off each side) with a 10mm hole (so m10 bolts needed) :)

CMF_BEN129

» CMF Member
its low.. but not much else.

My lowest point is my cat, its at 60mm, sway bar is at about 65mm, and chasis rail at 70mm.

i'd have to say johns (xsoarerx)is lower then yours, and he has the complete package i.e wheels, tyres, fitment etc. and still managers to sit lower then yours on steelies.

yours is impractical.. an think u know that and will eventually lift it up..

but before u do you should borrow/buy some balla wheels and see how it sits slammed lol

Back