Insurance is ####ing me off

My insurance is due i've been driving 2 years same car, k11 p reg vibe micra 1 litre. Its my mums car im under her name her insurance, im 19 (20 in october). passed my test on 5/07/07 and been insured for 2 years this will be my 3rd year. For some reason my insurance 1st time round was like 700 now they are saying 900. My mums would be 147 and mine 900 and something it's not right. How come my mates can get like fully comp on 1.4 polo's punto's and all the rest of it and i cant even barely afford to get insured on a poxy little 1 litre micra.

i've got exactly the same car as you and i am on my mums insurance fully comp with zurich-connect and it's £830, however i've only been driving for 7 months, yours would be cheaper i guess, hope this helps =]

You have no, NCB and when you get your own policy you will also have no NCB, it's a false economy being on a parents premium as even in your early 20s with no NCB you're gonna be paying 1k ish for insurance on a small car still.

mines 1800 fully comp on a 1.3 SR and been driving since wednesday which is a bit steep, but atleast it should be considerably cheaper next year providing i dont crash...again, luckily i didnt make a claim.

1800 !! grr You could buy 3 Micras for that FFS ! The only reason they can rip people off like this is because it's compulsory. If it wasn't, the quangos would actually have to compete for your money :mad:

No wonder there are so many uninsured drivers!

BG

ahh found one which works out at about 800 together (mine is 650 of that 800) so that aint too bad I guess, and that's with no vol excess). Thanks for letting me let of some steam forum lol

NFU mutual.

Don't be afraid to take an hour or 2 of your time, and actually ring up some companys and play them off.

Ohh, and ignore all the crap on those price comparison websites, you'll be paying throught he roof for those. The cheapest quote on those for my me on me mums mondeo was about £2500. Directline wanted £1600 and NFU wanted £600, and every other quote I've done the price comparison ones have come up more expensive.

Insurance is a baw breaker. But id recomend getting your own policy, you have to bite the bullet some time. I have had my P reg k11 since i was 18 and took my own policy out, it was 1600 for the first year, but now i pay £320 fully comp, 2 years no claims.

So it really does make a difference. All i can say is try admiral and flexi bell. they got me good prices.
Good luck.

oh yeh and ................ . POXY LITTLE 1 LITRE MICRA grr

Yeah well thats how it feels some time when I see my mates and that in 1.4's and everything! Oh well i'll be up there one day I guess.

Insurance is a baw breaker. But id recomend getting your own policy, you have to bite the bullet some time. I have had my P reg k11 since i was 18 and took my own policy out, it was 1600 for the first year, but now i pay £320 fully comp, 2 years no claims.

So it really does make a difference. All i can say is try admiral and flexi bell. they got me good prices.
Good luck.

oh yeh and ................ . POXY LITTLE 1 LITRE MICRA grr

that it? Ive been quoted £308 tpft and thats with 3 years no claims and a excess of £200. What company is that? Is it a 1.3?

thats with flexi bell. Admiral is the same company tho, so there worth a try, i used them last year., i just changed to flexi bell for the 3rd party on anyother car.

nah, its a 1 litre i have just now, but its only another 20 quid for my super s when its finished.

OH my DEAR LORD! are these numbers reall!?! 1 GUD REASON to keep me in MALTA and not come to the UK!

My FIRST INSURANCE when I turned 18 was 328quid on third party basis..
My second insurance payment a yr later - which was when I turned 19... went down to : GBP271 still on third party basis!

and you're strating at BLOODY 800quid!!! ther in the UK you'll purchase a good micra with that price... I'm sure you're aware of that much more than I am....as we amuse ourselves with your cheap used car prices.... aren't there any alternatives to this... ANd is it worth after all? paying the car's price yearly for a damn insurance?

I was super amazed by DARLO's 1800quid .. I understand he's fully comp...but come on!!! GBP1800?! holy ... moly! I'll rather save that money and purchase a celica in 2 yrs time... You seriously have amazed me guys! I am sorry for you all!

IAN - MALTA
funky2nite

Yeah well thats how it feels some time when I see my mates and that in 1.4's and everything! Oh well i'll be up there one day I guess.
Have you tried Elephant.co.uk and adding a few experienced female drivers as named drivers? Adding my mum and my mates girlfriend reduced my premium on the GT by £150!! (Y)

Edit: Just noticed your location is London, that won't help the premium at all! :(

insurance is daft mate, but it is what it is.
i spent my first year, (including learning) on my dads, but as soon as i was 18, i went on my own policy with elephant, which were the cheapest at 1200. NCB are the only way.
insurance prices suck :(

just add the parentals to your own policy,it drops right down matey

secondly i would rather drive a 1.0 k11 anyday of the the week than the likes of a corsa,punto,saxo

and this 1.4 buisness,means nothing

yesterday on a private road i had a play against my mates birds 206cc 2.0

i was shocked to say the least, its a 2,0l ffs, i pulled on her in 3rd and she couldnt pass me!!!:) this was from a line start to!!

yes i hear you all say,mines had mods but sometimes engine size doesnt always matter mate

cheers:grinning:

yeah i know what you mean its just frustrating but its gonna get done now cant complain at 650 thats good even if it is under mums name.

mine cost me 1300 tpft and all ive got is a 1.0l k11 with nothing done to it it takes the mick i dont know weather its coz im on my own policy with a years worth of driving

I think a part of the problem is, not only do the insurance companies want to rake in enough to cover the cost of a total loss on your part, they also want to cover the potential of a total loss of a more expensive vehicle as well (if it's your fault) - all this on top of their operating profits. Since they assume new drivers are a higher risk, they whack the cost onto the first few premiums.

This is very unfair IMHO because even after years of driving you are STILL paying well over the odds. And I'm not 100% sure onthis but doesn't the risk balance itself out when more experienced drivers become complacent? I know I've made a couple of silly mistakes recently (although neither resulted in a collision), and one was down to an impatient driver trying to get past me when I was moving across to a parking bay - I WAS indicating - and the git blasted his horn at me :mad: (the other one I was going a bit too fast down a single-track road and had to stop a bit sharp when a car came round the corner :blush: :wasntme:)

Still, we learn from this and hopefully know how to avoid the same situations in future.

BG

Well I still think it all comes down to the fact government doesn't want you every day joe driving they want it to be how it used to be with only the royalty on the roads well if that happens the queen herself will get a nice brick in the head lol.

Back