(5k a year)
(locked garage)
(social only)
(alarmed/imob)

Third part fire & theft..

No quote's under 3.5k ! :(

Surely this isnt normal?!?!

My brother (22) ( Liscence 2-5 months )

same insurance specs as above...car (nissan 200sx s14 ) 2.5k ?

SOME ONE TELL ME THAT 3.5k for a micra is CRAZY, or isit just me who thinks so. :glare:

Definately crazy. i paid just over a £1,000 for my first year 2 years ago. just keep shopping around.
Sometimes it is actually better to phone companies direct rather than use comparison sites.

that cant be right , simply stupid quotes nephew got quoted £2200 on a 1.2 1996 punto 18yr old on a provisional so there is hope for you (Y)(Y)(Y)

Thanks guys, i will keep hunting!... seen the S of my dreams and only thing stopping me is 4k a year insurance! :p

I might try the Sky insurance guys listed on the forum?... suppose to be good?

try Admiral, they were pretty good to me, sky was good too but i only used them for the import

bloody hell, I pay £104 a year fully comp with the NFU, as a new driver how about Tecso, they used to be good for new drivers, or do your pass plus?

I use bell insurance, 1250 it cost, that's 2 years lisence, 2 years no claims and I'm only 19 so pretty chuffed! :) and go direct to their site or call them up.

Get on confused dot comdom :wow:
I paid £1K back in 2006 when i was driving on L plates. I paid 530 last year for my 92' super s.
I may be due to the area you live in, the rates change depending on your postcode.
Ultimately there is no excuse other than the insurance companies are greedy, monopolising ######, who should be cut down to size by the government. Like the yanks did with microsoft.

I use bell insurance, 1250 it cost, that's 2 years lisence, 2 years no claims and I'm only 19 so pretty chuffed! :) and go direct to their site or call them up.
I'm paying £900 at 19, no no claims bonus and 2 years driving with adrian flux....

It's not crime that drives the cost up, it's the number of claims in the area on the whole.

That's why one street can be cheaper than another, as one may have no drivers who claimed whilst another may be full of people who've claimed.

Back