Installing amp to battery power cable

Maccy

Young K11-er!
Have laid this along the left side of the car but can't for the life of me find a gap behind the dash to feed this cable through to connect it to the battery!

Anyone care to shed some light? It's a K11 1996.

you should start on the engine bay side, find a rubber grommet and push a screw driver through it, this will come out either behind the glovebox or in the passenger footwell, push the cable through, job done.

There will be a rubber gromit below the dash which you can poke cables through (might have to make a hole first). it would be easier to see in the engine bay :)

I put mine through this grommet with the throttle cable.
march 066.jpg

Few pics of the process so far, managed to make a hole through a rubber cap.

Am still missing the amp, that's coming tuesday :)

Might need some help wiring up the thin blue cable, I'm not sure where it connects to!

Attachments

• IMAGE_00022.jpg
    IMAGE_00022.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,179
  • IMAGE_00023.jpg
    IMAGE_00023.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 680
  • IMAGE_00024.jpg
    IMAGE_00024.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 636
Yeh I think that's what I used, just need help with wiring the ignition cable - has two different ends, one with a fork-like end with 2 pins, one with a hole for connecting something to.

thin blue cable= remote, connects to 'rem' on amp (next to power in) and blue or orange wire on the head unit.
The fork end goes in the amp and the bullet connector needs choppin off and striping back the isulation to tape to the HU wire.

Still not overly sure about the ignition wire, where is it connected to on the head unit?

Some visual would help if possible! :)

get me a pic of the wires coming out of your stereo, there will be a blue one, usually with a white stripe on it. if you put up a pic i will put an arrow to the correct wire, this way the amp will be on only when the stereo is.

It's connected to the power aerial/amp/external aerial cable from the headunit, so that when the HU is turned on, the amp is fed 12v and also switches on :)

ok cool, i'm re-fitting my HU when I recieve my ISO plug from ebay so I will write a Guide with pics should anyone need help in future.

in the wireing on the back of the head unit there should be a yellow connector (permanant live, which save your radio station and cd track if its new)

and red which is switch live (ignition)

now if your lucky they will be a split off of the red one with nothing connected, thats what you connect the ignition cable to.

jackassuk

no cos then the amp will be on when the car is, the on remote is smarter and only comes on when the stereo does.

yes, mine is linked to the remote lead to! turns on when head unit does and not before.

amps can be tricky to install but after you do it once....it should be natural and easier next time!!

(unless thats on a saxo or 106 lol......no grommets to go through and battery connectors are dodgy to wire up the amp power cable not to say the least)

good luck!!

yes, mine is linked to the remote lead to! turns on when head unit does and not before.

amps can be tricky to install but after you do it once....it should be natural and easier next time!!

(unless thats on a saxo or 106 lol......no grommets to go through and battery connectors are dodgy to wire up the amp power cable not to say the least)

good luck!!

try it on a citroen C2..... the firewall is full of sand..lol fwn fwn fwn
we found that out the hard way.... but managed to put it right again..

Well finally finished it, as the amp came today, and I've got some great bass :)

Attachments

• IMAGE_00028.jpg
    IMAGE_00028.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 414
try it on a citroen C2..... the firewall is full of sand..lol fwn fwn fwn
we found that out the hard way.... but managed to put it right again..

really lol!!!! thats crazy!!! is that for "driver / passenger safety" regarding having the sand there?

anyway "well done" Maccy!!! good work!! did u find it difficult? any probs?

next is to carpet the boot black..and it will look awsome...not that it doesn't now....just needs blending in!!! :laugh:

napster

Yeh I've thought about that, although the car does have a "grey theme" to it so maybe a grey box?!?!?!?!

Was fairly simple, getting the power cable onto the battery was the hardest bit and I had to cut the battery and ground connectors that connect to the amp in order to fix. Took me a good 2 hours to get it perfected and have everything done properly :)

Yeh I've thought about that, although the car does have a "grey theme" to it so maybe a grey box?!?!?!?!

Was fairly simple, getting the power cable onto the battery was the hardest bit and I had to cut the battery and ground connectors that connect to the amp in order to fix. Took me a good 2 hours to get it perfected and have everything done properly :)

well its your choice and your car!!!! so if its easier to carpet the box grey then do what evers; easiest, simple and cheaper lol!!!

what AMP did you get by the way if dont mind me asking please?

Kenwood 8152d - puts out 550w RMS @ 2ohm for my sub, sounds great!

And no I'm yet to bolt it down, not sure what to yet either...

Back