running power cable for the amp

deano123456

Ex. Club Member
where do i run the amp cable from under the bonet into the car and how do i get to it from under the dash cos its hard to get my hand up there cos there are all boxes and pipes its on a 98 s plate micra any pics or sugestions would help cheers deano

If U Look Behind Where Ur Battery Is In The Engine Bay There Is A Round Rubber Seal Kinda Thing, It Will Pull Out And If U Feed A Cable Through It Will Come Out Just Behind The Glove Box Inside The Car

ok thanks for the helpguys il let u know do u tink it will have enough powerin it to run a 900w rms in phase sub and 900w rms in phase amp and yes they are 900w rms lol

you have to open the glove box and pull the wire in from behind the glove box.

if you pull the gromit off in the engine bay and get someone to shine a light down it then open the glove box you will see the light... so to speak lol,

you will need hefty wire like 0 guage or something, and a hefty battery. possibly a split charge with a deep cycle like an ultima battery. talk to retepetestir cos he's going for the almighty 1.4kW RMS!!!

you will need hefty wire like 0 guage or something, and a hefty battery. possibly a split charge with a deep cycle like an ultima battery. talk to retepetestir cos he's going for the almighty 1.4kW RMS!!!

aye for a competition system! for a general system 8 or 4 gauge will be more than enough!

zero gauge will Any need to say that? his pockets and be a waste of money if its not a huge system.

aye for a competition system! for a general system 8 or 4 gauge will be more than enough!

zero gauge will editedhis pockets and be a waste of money if its not a huge system.

fair do :)

i thought 900W RMS was alot

Im running 2x250W RMS amps and a 1X1100W RMS amp over a 4 Gauge cable, and it works fine. Shouldnt need a 0 gauge at all

I didn't see this post as it was in the wrong section on the forum....anyway, as said above.

Through the bulkhead on the passanger side of the car, then down under the carpet and into the wiring run on the passanger side. Take the glovebox out for easier access.

I never knew In Phase did a 900wrms sub and amp though, where did you purchase it from? They are quite blatant copies of another audio brand!

For anything over 1kwrms, 0awg is preferable. However, 8awg for 900wrms is definitly NOT. Maybe over 10cm, not not 3 metres....

4awg for 900wrms and normal use should be fine though. Make sure it is at least 4awg!

I need to update my sig, I'm now running over 2kwrms with 0awg cabling.

Btw, 0awg isnt 'that' expensive. a 0awg kit from Car Audio Direct is just over £50, which is very good price.

Oh, and no, power caps do NOT help. Read the FAQ/Tutorial post in the ICE section of the forums.

You'll want to do 'the big 3' upgrade if possible. A bigger battery would be better also.

OMG!!!!!! what are you using to power all that?!? surly 0awg is almost as thick as the acutual terminals on the battery!!

Memphis Belle 5-channel amp for the fronts. 4 x 150wrms into the mids and tweeters (running active, one channel per speaker). Then the 5th channel running the midbass up front (800wrms into 2 midbass speakers). That gives me 3-way active up front.

I've now got a US Amps amplifier for the subwoofer channel, and am tempted to swap that for one of their hybrid amplifiers with Vacuum Tube stage!

http://www.usamps.com/

And yes, 0wg is rather thick!!!

:)

Back