standard k11 battery sub/amp

will this be suitable for a sub and amp? or should i change it?

also what side should i have the power cable? i know one side should be power and the other is the signal but i cant remember which =s

I'm running my sub and amp off the standard battery, works fine apart from a bit of interference everytime I turn something electric on (lights, aircon, wipers, etc), but cured with a little device that stops the intereference (can't remember the actual name, you can get them from Halfords for about £10 or thereabouts (Y)).

And what do you mean when you as "Which side should you have the power cable and signal cable"? I also take it you mean the blue remote cable when you say "signal". Because the power cable obviously connects to the positive battery terminal. And when you connect the cables to the back of the sub/amp, they should be labled - PWR = Power, GND = Ground, RMT = Remote, or just the initials, so P - G - R. Power cable is also normally red, ground is brown, remote is blue, and you should have at least a 60 amp fuse somewhere along the power cable.

Also make sure you connect the power cable up last, as it is very easy to short out the system when you connect the ground cables (which you'll need 2 for - 1 for the sub, and another for the amp, and the same for the remote and power cables. It isn't safe to bridge them).

And what do you mean when you as "Which side should you have the power cable and signal cable"? I also take it you mean the blue remote cable when you say "signal". Because the power cable obviously connects to the positive battery terminal. And when you connect the cables to the back of the sub/amp, they should be labled - PWR = Power, GND = Ground, RMT = Remote, or just the initials, so P - G - R. Power cable is also normally red, ground is brown, remote is blue, and you should have at least a 60 amp fuse somewhere along the power cable.

Also make sure you connect the power cable up last, as it is very easy to short out the system when you connect the ground cables (which you'll need 2 for - 1 for the sub, and another for the amp, and the same for the remote and power cables. It isn't safe to bridge them).

ive always been told that you should have the power and remote runing down the oposite sides of the car to stop interference but i cant remember what cable runs down which side if you know what i mean =s

what do you mean by "and the same for the remote and power cables. It isn't safe to bridge them" =s sorry its too early in the morning lol

It doesn't really matter what side of the car they run down. All my cables are running straight down the middle, under the carpet, and I don't get any problems.

You basically need to run seperate cables for the sub and amp. So with the power cable, buy a 4-way splitter from Halfords so you can split the power cable in the boot. You run 1 cable into one side of the splitter, then 2 cables out the other side - 1 for each. Run 2 seperate ground cables to different parts of the car (I used the brackets that hold the rear seat pad in). And split the remote cable in the same way as the power cable.

If you bridge them, it means running one cable into either the sub or the amp, for instance the power cable. You then have another power cable connected to the amp from the sub. This is more likely to short it out, or cause interference, hence why you run seperate cables for everything.

Standard battery will be fine, doesn't matter which side you run the leads, i have run the power lead down one side, and the sub/aux and remote leads down the other side, keep the fuse link in the power lead as close to the battery as possible.

No, the power cable won't melt if it's in the engine bay. Just make sure you zip tie it to the side of the bay so it doesn't flop around too much. I made up some brackets to hold the fuse and cables out of the way, but strong zip ties do the job. Have you also found which rubber grommet to go through in the engine bay as well?

No, the power cable won't melt if it's in the engine bay. Just make sure you zip tie it to the side of the bay so it doesn't flop around too much. I made up some brackets to hold the fuse and cables out of the way, but strong zip ties do the job. Have you also found which rubber grommet to go through in the engine bay as well?

yeh dont let the live cable get cut at the side of the growmit, pass it through it

yeh dont let the live cable get cut at the side of the growmit, pass it through it

That's what I did to mine, just made a hole in the grommet, passed it though the glovebox, and down the back of the dashboard behind the stereo. Sealed up the grommet with silicone as well, just to be safe

good good, yeah ive found the grommet

ive just got it sitting in the hole and put the grommet over it so its pushed against the side. is that good or bad??

good good, yeah ive found the grommet

ive just got it sitting in the hole and put the grommet over it so its pushed against the side. is that good or bad??

No, you need to make a hole in the grommet and pass it through. It's very easy to cut into it if it's pressed against the metal edge of the hole

Back