Connecting amp power cable to battery problems

jonnyfatman

Ex. Club Member
I've been getting together speakers, an amp, wiring, dynamat etc for a few weeks now, and decided today to try and wire in the amp. I've got no problems with where to route the wires inside the vehicle, I just want to know..

How the **** are you meant to connect the amp power lead to the funky Nissan connector on the battery? Any recommendations on an aftermarket terminal? (i've got a 2001 K11 btw)

Jonny

Yeah, there's a ring connector on the cable. My problem is actually connecting that to the battery. The existing terminal looks like a nissan special, which is just the right shape for the 2 existings cables to connect to it, but no more. I'll post a pic tomorrow if its helpful. I was thinking other people must have come across this problem unless the diferent micra models have different battery terminal configurations.

there should be a 10mm nut and bolt going through the terminal
just undo that and put the ring crimp onto the bolt and do back up
you may need a washer!!

"unless the diferent micra models have different battery terminal configurations."

my battery terminal has a 10mm bolt, which when loosened it separates two pieces of metal kind of like a clamp so i just put the amp wires in between and tighten it

your terminal may be different but you should still have the same wires running from it as i do. so maybe you could go to a scrapyard and get a terminal that is easier to add wires to. or maybe go to the dealers.

I was a bit afraid of doing that cos it looked like it might affect the clamping ability of the terminal. I'll have another go today. Cheers

Quite a few battery terminals really aren't designed to take more than the standard wires. If you've got a small contact area or bad connection there, all those thick cables you have just laid are pointless. A better replacement one is the way to go.

I was thinking about that. I spose my next worry is re-crimping the Nissan cables to a different connector. They're quite taught as it is, and I'd have to cut back the cable before re-attaching. I do ave another little question about where to actually route the wire between battery and grommet. I've got one of those clear in-line fuseholders which looks like it wants screwing down.

Monkey_CSW are they aftermarket battery terminal connectors or the ones that came on the car? Mine are totally diferent and look a lot more flimsy.

tbh im dont have a clue they look like the one that came with the car but i could be rong

Back