• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Imp124's Super S

i am going to make a film clip as the sound is awsome, you get all the popping when down shifting and a nice clean note.

when i changed the manifold i have found there is a power increase and i have also found the 'power band' has mover further up the rev range as well as the car now reving a lot quicker. Would reccommend this mod, done legally of course

i am ####ing drive a automatic, but maybe i would get a 421 system also aswell.

did you get the 421 made at a profecionalist or by your self?

i think this system has been hand made for the car, it was on the car before i bought it and then it went off to another forum member who i bought it back off so i dont know originally where it has come from. I dont think they are too hard to produce if you have the pipe , bender and welder ;)

i think this system has been hand made for the car, it was on the car before i bought it and then it went off to another forum member who i bought it back off so i dont know originally where it has come from. I dont think they are too hard to produce if you have the pipe , bender and welder ;)

Hand made exhausts FTW(Y)

Jesus that k10 would look well with electric windows:laugh:;)

i want to get some of the 'rare' bits on like the rear bottom spoiler that it came with and the electric mirrors from an ST, i really want to take this to JAE this year so im working my fingers off and scraping my wages together to get it all done. I just dont want people to be annoyed if its not absolutely immaculate by JAE

i want to get some of the 'rare' bits on like the rear bottom spoiler that it came with and the electric mirrors from an ST, i really want to take this to JAE this year so im working my fingers off and scraping my wages together to get it all done. I just dont want people to be annoyed if its not absolutely immaculate by JAE

Bottom spoiler would be class ! I would love one for the st(Y)

If you really want more rare stuff I may give a discount:wasntme:

yeh i do want some ST bits as i think these are really good and give the k10 some class.
im not trying to build some ST replica or anything because there is nothing like the real thing but i just like some of the extras the jap editions had such as the mirrors that the UK spec didnt

also do you know if the ST rocker cover fits an MA12 engine :D

cheers

steve

yeh i do want some ST bits as i think these are really good and give the k10 some class.
im not trying to build some ST replica or anything because there is nothing like the real thing but i just like some of the extras the jap editions had such as the mirrors that the UK spec didnt

also do you know if the ST rocker cover fits an MA12 engine :D

cheers

steve

I'm not to sure actually

humm... would be nice to see, might be going dublin this summer / autum so i might give you a bell (over for the Guinness obviously) ;)

hope your coming JAE

cheers

steve

humm... would be nice to see, might be going dublin this summer / autum so i might give you a bell (over for the Guinness obviously) ;)

hope your coming JAE

cheers

steve

Sound yeah,I know all the good spots for guiness(Y)

I would be if I had a job:laugh:

Haha, approaching a roundabout, 3rd gear, drop it into second and let the clutch out slowly. Pop Pop Bang Pop Bang! Makes it sound like a proper tuned up engine! :) I was addicted to that sound!

For a muffler (until it blew out) it had a circular baffle slotted into the backbox with a smaller hole in the middle of it.
The baffle was designed to slot in sort of like a bath plug.

lol, yeh i love the popping the exhaust makes, the performance isnt bad either mind ;)

getting it all ready for JAE now just getting some bits sprayed and changed, keeping it relatively standard though, just to show what they look like when they havnt been hacked at

cheers

steve

Hi

just a quick update of what ive got upto over this weekend :D

I went for the MOT and needed 2 rear shocks that was it so cant complain, put those on and satin blacked the springs to stop them from rusting as much and look smart :D

105935.jpg
[/IMG]

105953.jpg

Finished that got it MOT'd and now feels a lot better on the handling, i have also decided to refurbish the alloys which i have took off and swapped for my old steelies!! :D:D didnt want to go round with rusty wheels so quickly sprayed them etc...

105945.jpg

130719.jpg

So next i have to:

Refurbish alloys

Respray small filler mark on door (booked in sprayers in end of june)

Engine degrease etc....

Spray wiper arms (Flaking paint)

Thats about it for now, will add and take away this as i go along but so far ALL SYSTEMS GO for this summer :D (Y)

will be up on youtube soon, as i had to take the system off for the MOT only to be told there that they dont test my exahust emissions on a J reg :)

Before JAE...

Hello!, long time since my last update and some work has been done (at last!)

What i have done:

* Resprayed wing and bonnet

* Cleaned, polished, air freshened etc... the interior as i left my work clothes in which stank of coolant

* Fitted Primera steering wheel

* 4-2-1 manifold

* Standard carb (for now) with K+N filter + cold air feed

* Red rocker cover (to match red car paint)

* New red vacuum hoses

I just need to find a way of tinting my driving lights yellow as i do not want all weather bulbs.

I have took these pictures to show my car at its current condition, i would like to take it to JAE but do not know if it would be suitable as it is not really modified and there are the usual small chips and scratches as this is my everyday car, i would just like some advice on whether to get my ticket or leave until next year (as others have more experience of this event) :)

also comments on the car are appreciated and questions answered

Cheers

Steve

200021.jpg

195855.jpg

195817.jpg

195204.jpg

thats a point ive been meening to ask, how many super s's were made in total, i know they were only produced for a year so there cant be that many

1 - I just need to find a way of tinting my driving lights yellow as i do not want all weather bulbs.

2 - i would like to take it to JAE but do not know if it would be suitable as it is not really modified

1 - Yellow glass paint off ebizzle

2 - Not modified????!!!
JAE stands for Japanese Auto Extravaganza does it not?
Yours is;
a) Japanese
and
b) An automobile
therefore I say DO IT!
Take it there, have fun, see loads of great cars, take loads of pictures and share them with those of us who can't go (Y)

Decided...!!!

thanks Bias and Modded, i have decided to book my JAE stuff this week hopefully. Although me missus wants to come (who is also into auto's)

cheers

Steve

Looking stunning! You should deffo take it!
But get the yellow fogs back on, they made the car! I'll even lend you the cash to buy a new one haha!

We also need an under bonnet shot!
Also nice to see that airfreshner is still going strong! :D

kept that air freshener and knicked a new 'scent ball' from halfrauds to keep it going :D, i will add an under bonnet shot in an hour or two but it is still a WORK IN PROGRESS under there :D

i am thinking of buying a pair of cheap driving lights and tinting them yellow untill i can buy a new light from nissan, they are getting fed up of me going in every 2-3 days asking about bits

hello!,

i am currently in grimsby so i should bump into ceirwan on saturday, i have aquired my grampas double garage for my car cleaning for this week, so i have been cleaning it and keeping out of the rain!

You wanted some under the bonnet shots so here they are, the engine is still a work in progress and should be better by september.

3-1.jpg

in the garage!!! at last!!!

1.jpg

engine offside

2.jpg

engine near side

4.jpg

engine from the top

i still have to put on my new rocker cover and some parts still need painting / cleaning

pfttt, not on mine! jet was hardily did anything.
white spirit worked on the metal though but i couldnt be bothered after about 20 minutes haha.

pfttt, not on mine! jet was hardily did anything.
white spirit worked on the metal though but i couldnt be bothered after about 20 minutes haha.

yh i suppose it depends what 'cagg' is stuck to the engine, think mine had been cleaned before so it wasnt too bad, my previous 1.0L didnt want to clean up well really either...

How effective is that pipe-> panel filter? cos i was thinking about maybe getting one of those panel filters but was concerned about heat saturation

Nothing just recent, reconditioning alloys soon, also getting some other bits sprayed and hopefully some ST bits off Baz :D

Yeah go for it mate, book JAE! I'm taking my car even though it isn't show standard, really!
K10 is looking sch-weet dude! (Y)

Sorry I didn't get to see you after all mate!
Deffo some other time, although you've missed the Starbo bus now!

yeh lol gutted, cant wait to see the next car and hope is still a jap ;)

will have 2 meet up again soon lol, the 'monster machine' is really missing you lol :p

Oh and....... IVE BOOKED JAE!!! :D:D:D

cheers

Steve

Small update on goings on...

Hi

i have just recently converted my rear 'boot boobs' to small boot handles colour coded which look pretty smart and dead easy to fit and do.

Before:
143514.jpg

Difference:
144132.jpg

After!!!:
164106.jpg

Sorry if the pictures are too big i will try to resize them, i will take a night pic later when its dark, there are 4 bright LED's on each side

Just waiting on Baz's parcel with some ST goodies :D

Cheers

Steve

ok guys.

Just put my 34ICH weber on thanks to alexv for the adaptor plate, considering i could have slightly the wrong jets in it runs very well and does not splutter or cut out and ticks over like a dream even from cold. The fuel economy isnt too far behind the standard as i have just done 90 miles on a tenner. Definetly recommend this modification to anyone providing you tell your insurance.

Pictures will follow tomorrow guys questions?

Cheers

Steve

Did you use the manifold i gave you or just use the standard one? the one i gave you would slightly up the performance due to being bigger so i have been told by the person i had bought from, any speed increases? some pictures would be great!

im on the standard manifold at the moment while the larger one gets sorted so it will fit, the power has increased as i can now keep 70 well up steep hills and the top end power is what i have gained the most i think, revs a lot quicker and easier now and sounds awsome will get some pics, hold on

Cheers

Steve

good stuff loving it, now that im getting my micra back i think ima go ahead with this conversion yet again lol but thinking of maybee using twin su's , did you have to use the manuel choke?

Back