• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Scott Super S

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Hey guys and gals, my name is Scott please call me by that as my username is pretty well stupid. I got a K10 Super S a few months back, it didnt cost me much. There is near to no rust on the car but there is a few dents, drivers door is bent (someone tried to break into it).

Here is a photo of my pride and joy,

532273_472913046054833_1935169689_n_zps9b8f106a.jpg

I am planing to do the following things to it:
Do all the bodywork (eg dents, rust and scuffs) and then get the car resprayed if I have enough money to.
Replace all of the door/window seals.
Tint the windows.
Im getting some orignal K10 alloys to fit onto the car.
Fit a lower spoiler.
Get some new shocks (all mine are shagged) or get some coliovers which are nearly the same price.
Get an import size front plate and a new rear plate.
Fit a head unit into my glove box so its not on show and so the car looks more orignal.
Fit an under seat sub and atempt to hide some speakers somewhere in the back of the car.
Also replace the speakers in the front door cards.
Replace the driving lights.

Its a fairly big list but most if it is just simple jobs except for the body work. I will be posting updates, questions and pictures fairly often.

My first job: Cleaning the seats!
I left my car in my drive for awhile, little did I know my offside window seal has gone so it was letting in a tiny bit of water, this led to condsation which then lead to mold! :(
734946_10152374731035696_656181877_n_zps07dab578.jpg

I got one of them things which absorbs water, I aired out my car and then took a hover to it. Luckily enough it has taken most of the mold off so all I have to do is use some cleaner on it and bobs your uncle its done.
20130105_141235_zpsa85f5b22.jpg

The person who owned the car before me was a blonde bird who was daft as f**k and wore way too much hair product. The result is a drivers headrest which looks as if it has a load of man cheese on it. Its like a wax which has just stuck itself to the headrest. I have tried everything to get it off but nothing has worked. Any suggestsions?
20130105_141250_zps10bf2986.jpg

Please feel free to write a comment, threads are boring with no people commenting :).

I would like to say sorry for any spelling mistakes/grammar issues, I currently dont own a laptop and did this all on my mums laptop which has no spell check.

If it's waxy stuff on the head rest try a hair dryer and a microfiber cloth and some elbow grease or some TFR and warm water and one of the Henry the Hoover valet things just use the foam of the TFR with a bail brush and scrub it

OP
OP
mas12555

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
And good luck with the car! Looks nice :)
Cheers mate, I will try and clean it tomorrow. Also the car looks great in pictures but in person its shocking, yes there is no rust but the paint work has seen much better days.

Another update as well: I have finally found a pair of cheaps alloys which I like, £200 for a set of 14" BBS alloys. Also comes with four nearly new tyre which are the correct size.
The specs are 14", 4x100, 6.5j, et30. tyres are 185, 55, R14 so they are just a tiny bit too big (15mm).

OP
OP
mas12555

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
I tried cleaning the headrest and it got most of the crap off of it so thanks for the advise IRNBROO. Also here is a picture of the alloys I am getting, annoyingly I cant collect them today (havnt passed my test yet and no one can give me a lift), but I will be collecting them next sunday so happy days :).
KGrHqFq0FCzVFlZGqBQ4I3i4UlQ60_12_zps1bf45f2b.jpg

EDIT: I know they are not orignal like I was going to get but I have been after alloys like these for a long time and they are damn cheap too.

OP
OP
mas12555

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Welcome to the k10 super s club. Big list? lol Na it's nothin'. Take ya time and enjoy the tinker time.
Cheers mate.

I have just ordered myself a set of them cheap ring driving lights, they were only £15. I have compared them to my orignal ones which are broken and they seem like they are the same size. I am going to try to fit the Ring lights into the oringal casing. Only thing I can do as I cant find any replacemant driving lights.

OP
OP
mas12555

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Right I collected the alloys today, they are great. Only issue is that the centre bore is 57.1 DAMN! I am just going to try some 5mm spacers to bypass it, if that fails I will have to bore the alloys out. Only other thing I have had to do is buy some new BBS centre stickers..

OP
OP
mas12555

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Went down to halfords and got myself some 3mm spacers. The alloys fit perfect now. I also got some cheap Ring spotlights so I can replace my broken ones. The next thing I want to do is get polo 6n coilovers and some powerflex bump stops. I plan to drop the car about 45mm-65mm, hence why Im putting bigger bump stops on the coilovers so I dont get any rubbing on the arches when passengers are in the car. Either that or I will get them spring assistors.

Here is a photo of the alloys on the car. I think they look great :), I can use those tyres for now but when I change them I will get some 185/50/R14 Yokohama A539's. I am currently running budget crap 185/55/R14.
micrabbs_zpsbc3c764b.jpg

I have also ordered new BBS resin stickers for the centre caps, but I was also thinking about Nissan ones, what do you guys think?

OP
OP
mas12555

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
I got one of my mates to lower my car in photoshop, not bad considering he did it on an iphone...
micralowered_zpse5663d7d.jpeg

Please excuse the little tag at the bottom, he thought it would be funny. I think it looks nice at that height.

OP
OP
mas12555

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Huge list haha, got my coilovers will start modding them, fixing exhaust, fitted a nice sound system and underseat subs.

Will be taking my car to the mot this week :) hopefully she will pass.

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Huge list haha, got my coilovers will start modding them, fixing exhaust, fitted a nice sound system and underseat subs.

Will be taking my car to the mot this week :) hopefully she will pass.
Good luck Scott, just noticed you're the one liking my photos on my Facebook page (Y)

OP
OP
mas12555

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
541303_591252427554227_328623442_n_zpsbfd36038.jpg

Little update, I fitted a splitter to my car, it will be lowered tomorrow and I should also be fitting the spotlights :).

In regards to your coilys, what did you buy ? In my head Im hoping a £180 set of venoms of ebay maybe ? haha. Did you find modding them easy too ?