• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Imp124's Super S

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Hi

as you all probably know by now i have moved up to the Super S which i bought off Ceirwan on 7/2/09. i am very happy with the car and how it performed on the 139 mile trip back! I hope you all agree that one of the good points is the car which was fordys i think to begin with is once again staying in the MSC and not lost into the other millions of K10's around.

As promised i have now started a blog on this car as i try to keep it in good condition and fairly standard (ish) ;)

This is my old car and the super s on the trip back at the services.

micra3.jpg
micra4.jpg
micra5.jpg

So i got the micra back home and took it up to a few friends to look at after i cleaned all the road salt from the motorway trip i got the camera out again ;)

micra2.jpg
micra1.jpg
I now have a few ideas for the micra, these are:
New Front fog light
Fix dent in passenger door
Fix small stone chips
re underseal the chassis
Steam clean seats and mats
Fit club stickers

This is what i have planned for the short term as well as cleaning the engine bay and making all that look nice and tidy, i just want it to look nice and presentable if i go to a meet or whatever to start with, modding may come later ;) i will let you know how i get on

Steve

Nice looking K10 you have there mate, there's a few near me but Oldies drive them so I won't give them a MSC flyer, lol.

yyh lol im just looking for the yellow fog for the near side as its cracked there about £95 a light from nissan!!! but at least you can get them

i want to take this one year to JAE but i dont know if its only for 'modded' cars and i will have to get some small bits and pieces done on thie first, been cleaning the engine out today and bleached the water bottles etc so it should look good soon :D

hi

im sorry for the lack of updates recently, as the weather improves more will be done on the super s, one thing i was also wondering, did any of the past owners have a name for this car (you know what i mean, normally a girls name) just interested, also i am soon going to find my parcelshelf mascot which i will show when its in!

cheers everyone

steve

yyh lol im just looking for the yellow fog for the near side as its cracked there about £95 a light from nissan!!! but at least you can get them

On the none cracked lens can you get me the details off it?

I might be able to get hold of a pair of clear ones with All Weather Bulbs in (Yellow).

ok i will do when im back in the UK on friday (im in tenerieffe now!)

i have taken the lights off for now so i will PM you when i have the details

cheers pjg1979

steve

Haha my friends always called it the 'Monster Machine' (in a Japanese accent) which is a reference to something said in initial D, i chose to take it as a complement!

Did you take the bottles out and soak them in bleach to clean them? If so i may have to do that on the new car! (Never thought of doing that!)

yep i took out the bottles made a bucket of water, took the pumps out and just left them there for a few days with some bathroom bleach in :D works a treat!

no not yet, im waiting for the courage and a good day as i dont want to do it while its raining although it will be on the inside, i just dont want to make a mess of it so im going to take my time with it, will be on in the next few weeks dont u worry, what about everyone else anyone got any pics of theirs?

Small update...

I have cleaned her once again while the sun was out im my break at college (everyone thought i was mad) ive started to fill over a small dent in the passenger door which will get sprayed in the next few weeks allong with some other parts. I have cleaned the interior and removed some marks from the seats and also steam cleaned the rubber mats which now have come up like new! :D.

Here are a few pics of her close up, sorry my camera is a bit naff ;)

DSC00065.jpg
DSC00061.jpg
DSC00064.jpg

Well there she is, theres definetly some work to be done but i think its a good base to start on to improve.

cheers anway

Steve

perfect! keep her well looked after mate not many super s's left in good condition now. trust me on that most i've been to see are complete heaps.

hi

im glad the previous owners have kept this car in good condition, i am trying to keep it looking tidy with a few small modifications but nothing chavy or anything. i hope to show this car at JAE 2009 with the others from the MSC who i have not met yet which will be great as i like making new friends and learning more hopefully about this cars history.

cheers

steve

ok,

im going to be without a car for a week or two as im getting a front wing sprayed and all the dents and stone chips done, so its work on the push bike for a few weeks :D will remind me of the good ol' days, car should look good when done though :D

New small update...

Ok ive got some of the bodywork done, this will obviously be an ongoing thing as more bits I see cropping up. I am hoping to refurbish some of the alloys to get some of the small scuffs and bubbling Lacquer out. The rear drums are going to be sprayed satin black in due course (don’t fancy red that much) ;)

I want to go about cleaning the engine and the only thing I can really think of is using the pressure washer but I don’t know if this will ruin anything so I haven’t tried yet ;) . I am hoping to take the Super S to JAE this year as it is not too far for me and it will give me chance to see some of the more regular members. Oh I bought some red colour polish (similar to the t cut colour wax) and the paint I could literally see my face in, until the rain came :D

Well that’s about it for now, pics to follow

Steve

Update

Hi, i have currently painted my rocker cover which i hope you all like, and trying to get all the cagg off the engine so it looks nice. i am trying to get round to putting the 421 on on the next good day like it was today, i had a nice run out in the sun which the car loved :D

122254.jpg

and the missus

164352.jpg

anyway hope you like this!

cheers

steve

lol we just went into the back (tinted windows) and crouched down lol hehe there are probably people that would look in at things like that.

There was a couple 'at it' in our works car park when we all finished for the day, we all surrounded the car and rocked it lol :D

yep i thought that, it adds a slight subtleness to it i think and also it makes the wheels stand out not tiny drums. all the underneath and inside the arches were blasted to get rid of the dirt and then waxoyl'd so its clean now :D yey!

Summer Project 2009

Hi,

i have just sorted out my summer project in the form of a 35ich weber carburettor and manifold from Makrakin08. (Cheers dude!)

a couple of questions though.

1. On my standard ECC carb on the super s there are two electrical block connectors going to the carb, one splits into 2 parts and the other into three on the carb. just wondering what they all did?

2. Will this carburettor work as the box says its for a landrover 2286cc!!??

cheers

steve

Just remove remove all the ecc/egr crap none of it will be needed with weber on
depends on how the carb is jetted mate, what carb is it? if it has not been rejetted before then it will need doing you'll prob need new idle and main jets (bare in mind the idle jet doesnt just work on idle its used up to around 3000rpm)

the manual says:

main jet - 165
idle jet - 50
pump jet - 55

the carb also has 34 ich on the side if this helps, i dont think it has been re jetted? (makrakin08 should know)

if it needs re jetting where would i get new jets?

cheers

steve

ebay is your friend when comes to jets jetting should really be done on a rolling road, you will also need to change the air corrector jet, as a rule of thumb the air corrector jet is usualy 50 above the main jet. you can try and do it without a rr, by the looks of it that weber is going to be running very rich on those jets. if your planning on doing it yourself then its a trial and error, i'd start with 125mains 175air. you should get a nice idle on a weber so if your idle is of then theres a problrm straight away, the idle mixture screw should be around 2-3turns out. you can buy a bunch of jets or you can buy some drill bits.

right,

ok this has given me some ideas towards the setting up, would there be any type of torque or power increase do you think with this and also would it drink petrol :D

cheers

Steve

Hi imp, i spoke to the guy from webber when i first got the carb he said it would run fine but will run just slightly rich , he recomended this carb as he sells alot of them for Micra autograss cars and said theres never been a bit of bother with them so realy theres no need to rejet but jets are cheap as it is anyways :)

Ah right ok, i will get some jets as daveee has said just incase, its worth a couple of quid just to be safe.

i think im going to have to shorten the manifold too slightly, so can anyone on here weld aluminium? lol

My dad was up most of the night playing with the carb and everything, (he likes it more than me)

2. Will this carburettor work as the box says its for a landrover 2286cc!!?

fwn its hard to say untill you've fitted and driven it really, but i think that its definatly worth rejetting.

yes they may be fine for autograss racing but to live with every day it may be a nightmare, running rich you'll have problems in the lower revs and on idle. may carbs are running rich and i'm constantly fighting with the car when i'm in stop start city traffic, not good.

Imp i just cut a square out of my bulk head to fit the manifold just a small 3inch x 3 inch square with an angle grinder when i was going to fit it, or youy could just have it shortend, jets are cheap so as daveeeeee said its worth getting them to be safe but it should be ok if the carb is tuned on a rolling road :)

would it fail the MOT though if i start cutting the bulkhead? if my mate has learnt tig welding yet then i will do that :D

does anyone know who can tune my carb on a rolling road? can fusion do this?

cheers

steve

if the your going to have them tuned on rollers then take jets with you anyway theres little point spending the monies if they are going to change the mixtures, again its likely that these will need rejetting especialy if you want a decent mpg, dont expect massive gains and expect to lose quite some drivability with no auto choke or idle control, and you may lose some tourqe at low rpm.

i am currently in the process of getting the manifold to fit as i dont want to hack at the bulkhead really, i have sourced a selection of new jets for it and some information on the 34 ICH carb, i am now looking for somone who can set this carb up on my brum brum :D

Not an awful lot of progress on this at the moment as i have been very busy cleaning the fruit pastelle, malteasers and iron bru that my missus kindly left in the car for me to clean, ive told her that shes washing it at the weekend ;) :D

i want to take this one year to JAE but i dont know if its only for 'modded' cars and i will have to get some small bits and pieces done on thie first, been cleaning the engine out today and bleached the water bottles etc so it should look good soon :D

Does this work???

Does this work???

i have had no trouble in doing this, quick clean with soapy water to get rid of the cagg then put it in a bucket with luke warm water and some toilet bleach, done this on my creenwash bottle and the plastic batter tray and all good results, i also WASHED THE PARTS with cold water afterwards as not to contaminate the existing pipes and my clothes :D

cheers

Steve

i put my 421 manifold on this weekend and the rest of the exhaust system, the exhaust note now is good but my next door neighbour who is a police person said it is a little too loud so i am thinking of making some kind of baffle that will quieten it slightly which i can then remove when i go and run my car round my uncles field. any ideas on a baffle, i have tried putting rags in it but i found that they set on FIRE as many peopel drive past pointing to my exhaust and seeing the black smoke :D

cheers

Steve

easiest way is to tell the next door neighboor that if they're not on duty to mind their own business lol
there is no law for loudness you just have to be sensible with the revs when you are near home i find!

Back