• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Imp124's Micra Blog

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Hi

I just thought that i would give this a try and see how far i get.

Well i will start in the beginning. My F reg micra was given to me by an old bloke who lives in town as he had finished driving, it was going to be scrapped untill my dad saw how good nick it was in i.e. no rust on sills, all undersealed, new exhaust. The guy obviously took care of the motor as it had only done 31,000 miles genuine.

060420081.jpg

060420084.jpg

060420086.jpg

yeh this is how i found the car when i bought it, i will put up some more recent photos in a bit, just wanted to start from the very beginning. The pre face lift grill has gone now as the black kept fading however much i back to blacked it :( but you will see my new one soon :D

WATCH THIS SPACE!!! :D:D:D

cheers

Steve

Update 1 10/10/08

(Backdating)

Ok so i had the car but hadnt passed my test so i was learning in it (great car to learn in, in my opinion as the steering is very light)

I got some alloy wheels off a friend who was selling his car costing £150 which i didnt think was bad considering their condition and the tyre tread was like new.

I havnt touched the engine apart from service it (oil, filters plugs etc)

i bought some cheap seat covers just to cover the picknic basket seats and put in a CD player and some speakers that didnt sound muffled.

i changed the front grill as the one that i had, had a crack in it so i purchased a prefacelift one wich in my opinion looked better.

and this is how i ran the mighty micra untill around november....

With new alloys
130720082.jpg

With new grill
21042008.jpg

Seat covers and belt covers 1
05052008.jpg

Seat covers and belt covers 2
050520082.jpg

So far i think that i have tidied up some of the loose edges to this car, more updates soon :D

Nice one mate!

How'd ya get the prefacelift grille to sit so flush?
Also, if ya want to bring the black back, use Auto Glym Black dye!
Messy stuff, but worked wonders on my grille! :)

Haha!

I did exactly the same on mine!

But now I have a pre-facelift bonnet and lights, so hopefully will fit a bit better! ^^

whats the difference in the prefacelift lights, are those the ones where the side lights are the indicators?

The prefacelift lights are square but sidelight is a similar type, bonnet is straight along the front aswell.

Like my old car:
520803491a7619663656l.jpg

oh right, what body kit is that on that micra, i have the same one but i dont think its the super s one? if not then which model did they come on as i cannot find much information on them

ah right, the one quickdraw put on. Just wondering as the one that was on my car has been around the club a bit lol

oh rite, i just have a few questions about them like

how and where were they first bought?

was it a nissan optional?

how many are there in the UK approx?

stuff like tht

I believe they were a dealer fitted rather than a factory fitted part such as the super s kit. Not sure how many there are tbh.

11/1/09 Update

Hi

I have been working on my K10 over the last few weeks and have now got to the stage where i can show some of my progress. As always comments and questions are very welcome (and suggestions) :)

Firstly i started out by changing the front grill back to the facelift with some modifications and colour-coded mesh behind stuck with no nails (my best friend) i also repaired the crack at the top with some araldite.

fad2bb13cb.jpg
606d1dfc61.jpg

After that i changed my alloy wheels as the old ones scrubbed a lot and i wanted to have people in the back, so i managed to find some wolf races off a polo.

15d4bd61f8.jpg

Over the winter i have also managed to spray my door cards gloss black with silver handles (Not quite finished as i need to reglue the vent on the drivers door.)

b8d3cf380f.jpg

I have also aquired a steering wheel (From a super s?), i have the horn but fitted after this pic ;), I have also sprayed my dash gloss black with silver vents to match the door cards (not clear in this pic sorry)

56480d79c2.jpg

While on 'the bay' one night i saw a set of complete skyline seats (marque 1 or 2?) for £35 so i bought them and fitted the front seats which i like as they are not too flashy.

85ad346a9a.jpg

Oh and last but not least my back seat has had a slight change (My personal touch) for added rear passenger comfort, i have done this for the people who never want to get in the back, now there fighting to sit in the back :D

ea3d7fbe06.jpg

steering wheel is a k10 super s wheel (missing a horn button?), they came with a leather cover that covers the horn button and the middle of the wheel :) seats look like GTS skyline r32 or r33..

looks good, altough not a fan of the GTR badge on the grill....

i have the horn button but it was put on after the pic was taken, i wanted to cover up the holes from the old badge and thats why i put the GTR badge on although i might just fill over the holes :)

Thanks for looking

I have also aquired a steering wheel (From a super s?), i have the horn but fitted after this pic ;), I have also sprayed my dash gloss black with silver vents to match the door cards (not clear in this pic sorry)

steering wheel is a k10 super s wheel (missing a horn button?), they came with a leather cover that covers the horn button and the middle of the wheel :) seats look like GTS skyline r32 or r33..

looks good, altough not a fan of the GTR badge on the grill....

hi,
ive had this week off so i will post some pisc up of my hard work over this week later :D hopefully you will all like them. :D

ok some of you may already know but my k10 LS on this blog has been sold and i have since moved up to another micra SUPER S! :D:D:D

I will make a blog for this soon.

In my opinion the super s has a larger power band in which to change gear, also it does feel a lot faster and also there are less rattles as the metal bodywork on the LS is filled in with nice dark trim to dampen the sound. It runs really smooth. I took it to a bodyshop today to get some prices for some of the small dents and little stone chips etc the guy used to work at nissan and remembers the k10's and was more than happy to take the work on which shouldnt cost too much (price is being negotiated) if it low enough i might get some more bits done ;) cheers again for an excellent base for improveing

Yeah sorry about the small chips and stuff like that, i did at first touch a few up but they came back faster than ever! :( Our local councils policy seems to be just chuck grit on the roads to re-surface them, even at stupid low speeds you can hear it pinging all over the bodywork. :(

You've fordy to thank for the engine running so great, i just finished running it in, either stay semi synth every 4000 miles or so, or, my latest research indicated you could lengthen this almost twice with a decent sythetic, since they don't cost double it actually saves money! :)

-- Now you just need that exhaust off me lol --

yeh i was thinking about it lol no money now after buying that gem lol. Im trying to get that lens from nissan atm but i think it will be a weekend job

Back