Imp124's ST Engine Rebuild

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Ok so i found the problem with my engine, located most of the parts i need and now starting to strip it down and rebuild.

I am so far replacing:

Engine block
Crank oil seals
Waterpump
Thermostat
Cambelt + Tensioner
All top end gaskets
Relocated O2 sensor

I have taken the engine out and unbolted the flywheel and taken the pistons out and am now ready to strip the block.

DSCF5401.jpg

Something missing there!

DSCF5402.jpg

Engine on the floor

DSCF5403.jpg

one very light flywheel off with oil splatter

More updates soon :p

Steve

Ok update time, i now have the engine on the stand and starting to strip it, after this pic was taken i have removed the s/c and all the alternator / aircon pump pulleys and big long oil line for the turbo (slightly bent) :( will hopefully have the crank out this weekend! At last i am moving forward with this project instead of faffing around! :D

165925.jpg

More progress

I was planning on taking the crank out at the weekend but i have just done it now :) (god those 10 bolts were tight) The shells look in ok condition no major scoring, and i managed to keep an eye on the bearings around between pistons 3 and 4 (end float?) just to make sure there are only two half circle plates on the block side right? :)

Just need a new block now and honed properly! :D Oh one other thing, there was a gasket behind the plate that holds in the crank seal (flywheel side) and it has broken and i will need a new one i think but i dont have one, so where can i get one?:D

Cheers, Steve

174415.jpg

170828.jpg

i usually number the back of the shells with a felt pen steve :grinning: (because they are all graded eh)

oo... err i have put them both in seperate containers with L and R on them or have i dropped a clanger sorry that should say tubs :D

Back