Imi ?

Nicknacknu

Ex. Club Member
Anyone here also trained by imi (The Institute of the Motor Industry) for fitting of raidos (hardwire) and hardwiring sat nav or is it all self tought??? i am trained but have learned alot myself too.....just wondering how people have got on installing stuff....

Nick.

spot on, i worked for halfords for 5 years, and fitted hundreds and hundreds of stereo's, sat navs etc etc,

best ones were a full install on a ferrari 328 and a dashboard out job on a 2007 chrysler 300c...

my best one so far is a sat nav hardwire into a 07 plate Porche Boxter, piece of ####, one of the easyist ones ive done haha.

strange most of the halfords bods round here would have trouble turning a stereo on let alone fitting one!

only the part timers, after all on the wages halfords pay, i wouldnt give too hoots either...so paying attention realy doesnt factor into it...

They have a qualification for it?

:laugh:

I know many of the installers (Ant included) are sound, but some of the work I've seen by other Halfords monkeys is truly shocking :glance:

I'm surprised owners with the Ferrari's, etc dont take them to independant installers.

to be honest i supose its where you go, i know for a fact my part timers will have given customers the wrong view of our store down to the fact that they are not as knowlagable as what myself and other full timers are, however you got to the right store at the right time and speak to the right person lol everythings sweet.

Nick.

They have a qualification for it?

:laugh:

I know many of the installers (Ant included) are sound, but some of the work I've seen by other Halfords monkeys is truly shocking :glance:

I'm surprised owners with the Ferrari's, etc dont take them to independant installers.

they did, they went to a local business called AudioIsland.... does lots of "pimp my ride" style stuff..... but their idea of getting a dvd playr into a dash is to lop off the cables???? and they use chocolate blocks instead of iso addapters...... monkeys the lot of em..
he came to us after seeing the install i had in my 309... and i fixed it.

they actualy wired in an fm transmitter from his dvd player to his stereo so he could hear the sound through it. but it was messing with the screens in the visors... so i ripped it all out again and started from scratch (took all day in the carpark, boss was well peeved) but managed to get the surround sound working by actualy using the line inputs on his very expensive Alpine stereo and even managed to sell him an i pod whist i was at it...lol

Back