Speaker wire colour codes

H

highpeak

Hi all,

I am fitting a new head unit to a Micra (S reg).

The original wiring loom behind the radio has been completely messed up by someone else. AS there is no unit in at present I need to identify the speaker wires for the two door mounted front speakers. Anyone have any idea what these colours may be? Also am I looking for four wires here or is there a common return from the negative side of the speakers so that in fact I will find only 3 wires.

Urgent help required please.

All other wires required to fit the unit have been identified.

Thanks

I had the smae problem when i first got my Micra, all the connectors for the head unit were cut, i bought a haynes manual from halfords. wasnt too expensive. got all the wiring diagrams out of it. everything works perfect now

let us know how u get on

Live wire!!

Hi all,

I am fitting a new head unit to a Micra (S reg).

The original wiring loom behind the radio has been completely messed up by someone else. AS there is no unit in at present I need to identify the speaker wires for the two door mounted front speakers. Anyone have any idea what these colours may be? Also am I looking for four wires here or is there a common return from the negative side of the speakers so that in fact I will find only 3 wires.

Urgent help required please.

All other wires required to fit the unit have been identified.

Thanks
Hi Highpeak,

You'll need to find the live wire when the key is turned one noch before the ign light coms on. Should be easy enouh, u get a spark off the bodywork.

Back