Ignition barrel wiring and disassembly

So I'm taking apart the ignition barrel to get to the wiring to wire in a starter switch and a couple killswitches (just because its fun ;) ) but i've only gotten as far as removing all of the outer plastic trims of the steering column and the trims around the ignition barrel. Does anyone have any idea how to remove the ignition barrel from the rest of the metal casing and then which wires do what? I've got a multimeter to test them all, but i figured id be easier to do if somone already had a rough idea of which wire did what. Thanks :)

I've got the plug out of the back of the ignition barrel :D there are only 5 wires to test so its narrowed wayyyy down, so far ive only managed to accidentally bridge the wire that honked the horn :confused:

hi, i have a k12 with a worn ignition, just will not fire engine up. I put a push switch in line and now fires up every time. just linked thick white wire and blue wire through the switch. works a treat.

Ive figured it all out after much turmoil and stress hahaha ive got a wiring diagram drawn-out and everything works. including the custom switch panel ive put into the car that includes an engine killswitch, start button, neon lights switch, intercooler fan switch and potential room for a nitrous primer and firing switch ;)

Back