ideas on my next project!

Well we are moving house once again to a newlt built place out in the country, this time i have the advantage of a workshop wich holds upto 4 cars.

It has electric, a work bench and roller doors!

So im guna buy another k11 anyways to mess around with and was going to do a 1.3 with skimmed head-cammed and throttle bodies with FORTEK ARCHES fro the mini!

but then i fort why shouldn't i do the SR20DE+T as i will be 22 by the time is ready for the road!

Please give me a list of SENSIBLE k11 related projects!

1. CG13DE with throttle bodies
2. SR20DE+T conversion
3. Figaro engine into a k10

how about civic type r 2.0l or integra type r 1.8 in a k11 or a bike engine in any micra? hybussa is 170 bhp/120 ft lb and has not been done before (i dont think)

matt from humberside is doing a hyabusa engine micra... front wheel drive too..
hes put the micra engine in a mini clubman and is then treating the super S he has to a dose of 180bhp FF madness...lol

4. Mid-Engine, RWD Micra
5. Nissan 200sx 1.8 Turbo Engine RWD!!!!
6. Micra Rally car, stripped to the bones and rallied to the max!
7. V6!!!!!

As I said in another thread, I wanna see someone put the front end of a Maxima in a Mira, then it's a (relatively) easy upgrade to 300zx powa!

the bike engine conversion was simple on that twin powerd red mini that was flying around the country!

Bike engine sounds good but then the sr20det sounds nicer as i am mates with 4 poeple that have that engien and can re-build them!

Which Nissan engine or car is it that has one throttle body per cylinder? Was it the skyline? Id try go for something crazy like that...

Forget that, you can guarantee a normal manual box will NOT work as a 4wd awd setup.

Increasingly I see people throw around so many ideas on this forum which are said with no research or even apparent thinking.
Even a CG13DE with throttle bodies to do properly is going to cost several thousand pounds. A SR20DE+T is probably 3x+ as expensive.
People seriously underestimate the complexity and physically the amount of work required to complete such a project.
This is perfectly demonstrated by the fact that there is as far as I know from within the club only ONE on the road SR20 K11, none with throttle bodies, and a couple of turbo K11s, none of which have been without their own problems.

When starting a new project you have to be realistic. Set something within your own limits at a sensible/manageable price point. The amount of failed projects to working ones is probably far greater than 10:1, usually because the project taken on is two big, to complex, to expensive, or takes too much time.

Don't be another one of these and start simple, actually complete it, and then you have a better understanding of what is required to do something more advanced.

Ed

Back