How stressful?

Rob..

Ex. Club Member
Isnt it really annoying when you plan to do so much stuff then get held up by stupid things?

This is my last full weekend free before i start work and other things and I planned to fit some tinted lights, but i have no sealant, put some super S seats in, but the bolts will not budge holding my current seats in and fit Super S clocks and tinted indicators but can't because i need help as i dont really know how to do them.

After spending 30 minutes trying to remove my driver seat i threw my ratchet on the floor, shouted some swear words and have come on the pc to try and calm down.

Anybody else get like that sometimes?

Yep, i've had numerous times like that when something so simple isn't so simple. With regards to your rear lights, you might get away with using the original sealant without getting any leaks, but just get down your local homebase and buy some! Use bigger tools to shift the seat bolts if they're not moving :)

Recent example for me was fitting a new head unit in the corsa. The aerial didnt work as the adaptor was different, annoying but fixable. Put it in the head unit and refitted and the cable itself snapped in half! GRR. Then tried to fit a silencer, one off one on, simple really... old one was welded on to the rest of the system, so had to get a garage in the end to cut it off. I'm sure my Micra was never this difficult

I feel your pain! I get it all the time, but mainly because I don't have the patience and don't understand what I'm doing!

I bought a new headunit with more outputs so I could fit my amp in. I got it all wired up etc and if I'm honest, I preferred the sound of the old setup with an old kenwood head unit and no amp. Also, my wiring kit only had enough cable for one pair of speakers, so my other ones are now sitting redundant until I can buy more. My speakers aren't good enough so still sound crap when amped and I can't get any bass out of them at all, and I want to get new ones but don't want to spend another £100 for it to still sound crap (like it does after this weeks "upgrade")

On top of that, I can't stop the car rattling so it probably always will sound crap

I could have shot someone while trying to budge the panhard bolts when doing my suspension too.

Sorry, rant over,

Tom

same, i got so annoyed that i couldnt undo my exhaust bolts i swat my 1/2" ratchet on the floor and it broke and fell apart (was a decent one aswell) i get annoyed easy with cars, manily when bolts dont undo...

altough never had problems with any interior bolts, mainly underside of engine bay...

Eughh.

Like, last year, I was bleeding and calibrating my bike brakes. So I bleed them, and that took ages (didn't realize you had to do up the bleeder bolt when you let go of the handle). And then I calibrated my brakes. But no, I managed to thread the brake mount, so that meant going and getting a new one for like, £10. So then I get it all set up, go for a test ride.

Put my brakes on. A little happens, then nothing. Got brake fluid on my disc. Had to go get some meths and disc cleaner, and a whole new set of pads. Hydraulic disk brakes on bikes are just a nuisance. Awesome when they work though. More stopping power then anything I've ever driven or been driven in.

Well after finding one monster of an extension bar i managed to get the seats changed... supose i should be thankful they were bolted in such a manic way, at least i know they weren't coming out if i had a crash lol.

Though i've now discovered i've gota change all the spark plugs, filters and everything as from the looks of things this car hasnt had a service during its 85k life...

Out of curiosity, how do you change the side repeaters on a k11?

Not sure about the prefacelift (if they're round) but mine slot forwards/backwards (cant remember which) into place and withdraw.

I see the use of the word gently lol. I dont mind if the ones i have in break as i've already got another pair to put straight in. Thought tomorrow i'll probably be ranting about scratching the paint or something lol

Yep know the feeling exactly, Me and my car have fallen out at the moment, he's got a dent in it's boot and I've got a couple of gashes in my hand.

Yea i know Exactly how you mean !!, i was changing the plugs, oil and filter on a Mercedes a-class and what was going to be a 1-2 hour job, turned into nearly all day! The oil filter was the most difficult to remove and was in an awkward place, none of the sockets on my set would fit! so i had to make THREE trips to halfords to get the correct sockets and adaptors for the car!

Ha, keeping this topic going i've officialy had the worst day of '09! Had to remove seat trims so the seats can be re-upholstered on a van at work and one of the screws was in so tight my eyes where popping out trying to budge it... And i kinda rounded the screw lol.

,That meant i was in trouble off my supervisor/instructor who rather than even tell me what to do just said 'well it needs to come out' then walked away. 4 hours, a hammer, some grips, a screwdriver and alot of shouting later the screw came out, and a replacement is being taken out of my wage!

Not bad for the first day back in a company thats looking to get rid of one member of staff to save money eh?

lol I know what you guys mean, i was modifying my headlights (to have the black strip between indicator and head lamp) and I was prying open the headlights with a philips screw driver whilst my bro was holding the heat gun.

Forgot to tell him to remove the heat gun when I went out for a drink and the glass on my headlight got a crack it in. Decided to leave them be until Easter as I will just get angry and throw things lol

Back