How ya doin!

CMF_muniom

» CMF Member
Hey guys, allow me to introduce myself; I'm Mike, live in little ol' Perth In Oz, and picked up a 4-door Micra just yesterday as a daily driver.

Great little car thus far, the CG has a bit of poke for a 1.3. I don't plan on modding it too much, if anything i will simply chuck what fits on it that is lying around in my garage, I have many parts left over from building my s13.

Only issue with the Micra seems to have the exact symptoms of the dry throttle body solders (diagnosed thanks to this site :)), so some time in the next week I will pull that off and re-melt the contacts as well as clean the IAC and AFM sensor.

Attempted to fit some old 17's off my s13 on the micra about... 30 minutes after buying it, to no avail. I know they are huge for a micra but it would be cool if i could get them to fit, they rub on the back of the gaurd when the wheel is slightly turned. Currently they have 215/45 tyres, wondering whether i'll manage to get them on with some 195/35's or even 185/30's. Anyone have an idea of whats possible?

Anyway enough chat, here's a pic of the beast:
71mbo69.jpg

And one with attempted wheel fitment, lol:
6q8sg9i.jpg

And a pic of my s13 for those interested :)
http://i4.tinypic.com/8aks85z.jpg

smidge

» CMF Member
figured that out through trial and error, might be useful to anyone else who gets excited that S13 rims might fit their micra's.... cause they don't!

so yep +1 for cleverness!

CMF_muniom

» CMF Member
'concept 9' i think, most probably some china ****, but they do their job. Will have to hold off using them for now as i still need to regularly use the larger tyre for drifting - until i get some more drifteks.

Just re-soldered the throttle body circuit, hesitating and bad idle are all gone :), although it may have picked up a flat spot, but i'm guessing the ecu just has to be reset or spend a little time re-learning.

david, yep, pretty sure that's the one, advertised for 2.8 sold for 2, i think the bad idle scared him into selling cheaper, tehehe.

Back