hmmmmm

awwwwk ive missed something :/

But if we all had the same opinion then the world would be a boring place :S
Agree with the bickering though (Y)

I disagree lol
It is a public forum that's what half the posts in most forums except maybe the vicars dog collar owners club are!
You wanna get on the sxoc this is nothing on here in comparison

maybe we should have a bickerin thread? if you have a problem you bicker about it on there?? just like the angry thread (Y) just a thought plus would make good reading lol sorry im just nosey :laugh::laugh:

I know this has nothing to do with me, but bickering with other members on open threads needs to be saved for e-mails and/or private messages. It's not good form, and it'l put new members off when they join

Yep totally agree, the bickering isn't people with a differance of opinion it is personal arguements mostly about whos ripped of who, and to be honest it should be conducted in private.
I know this has nothing to do with me, but bickering with other members on open threads needs to be saved for e-mails and/or private messages. It's not good form, and it'l put new members off when they join

it is personal arguements mostly about whos ripped of who, and to be honest it should be conducted in private.

should it though? i mean really?

what if that persons has stuffed some members over and you want to buy somethin from them but havent seen/read there bickering?

how would you know? you wouldnt

i agree some things should be kept to emails/pm's etc but.... IF someones doing a wrongun, the members of msc should be warned and it should be highlighted

aye waz you little toe rag! wheres ed's damn fuel rail lol:eek:

should it though? i mean really?

what if that persons has stuffed some members over and you want to buy somethin from them but havent seen/read there bickering?

how would you know? you wouldnt

i agree some things should be kept to emails/pm's etc but.... IF someones doing a wrongun, the members of msc should be warned and it should be highlighted

aye waz you little toe rag! wheres ed's damn fuel rail lol:eek:

That's why we have a feedback section and everyone is free to leave a feedback for someone you have dealt with.(Y)

This thread is a FAIL
Arguing/discussion same thing
You will never stop people disagreeing and frankly it's funny! Jeez I know were a Micra club but stop acting like old women!!
If I have been ripped off by a member I'm going to name and shame them, if I disagree with someone I'm going to voice my opinion, I have that right and as I said this is a public open forum, if you don't want an argument/bad reputation don't be controversial or a **** treat your customers right, and don't come on here talking crap that you've heard other people say on the Internet like a damn keyboard warrior!

SIMPLES

Honestly complaining about it is pure gheyness of the highest order

If this forum changes into a damn hitler style dictatorship censoring our every disagreement I will be disappearing as will a few I'd imagine!

That's why we have a feedback section and everyone is free to leave a feedback for someone you have dealt with.(Y)

Yeah because it works so well! People would still be using idiots who own a certain place in the northwest of England if it wasn't broadcasted how sh!t the company were! Should Arnold not be allowed to mention how much he was stuffed over to mention just one person?

If this forum changes into a damn hitler style dictatorship censoring our every disagreement I will be disappearing as will a few I'd imagine!
Godwin's Law in full effect!

We have no intentions of anything like that, but after the thread that popped up over the weekend (which I missed out on originally) I can see why people would rather people conduct these matters in private.

The course of action should always be:

1. PM seller to try and rectify the problem
  2. Try again if no joy
  3. PM myself or Kev to take the necessary action
  4. If all the above fails then it's pretty likely the offending member will be banned and a reason posted publicly by Kev or myself
Publicly turning it into a flame war is only likely to aggravate the seller and possibly make it less likely your dispute is resolved.

This is the way it's been for 10 years here so I don't see those rules changing any time soon!

James.

The thread I locked yesterday had in my opinion ran it's course and wouldn't have benefited anyone for such a flaming to continue. What needed to be said could have continued via PM.

On the whole we let discussions run and only step in when we feel it necessary to do so, for every 100 threads on here, we probably lock one or two of them.

The MSC has been established for over 10 years and since the formation of the club, nothing has really changed in the way we run and moderate the site and there are no plans to change this.

It's quite simple really, if you don't like the site, then don't use it. We can't please everyone all of the time as quite frankly this is impossible to do so.

Godwin's Law in full effect!

We have no intentions of anything like that, but after the thread that popped up over the weekend (which I missed out on originally) I can see why people would rather people conduct these matters in private.

The course of action should always be:

1. PM seller to try and rectify the problem
  2. Try again if no joy
  3. PM myself or Kev to take the necessary action
  4. If all the above fails then it's pretty likely the offending member will be banned and a reason posted publicly by Kev or myself
Publicly turning it into a flame war is only likely to aggravate the seller and possibly make it less likely your dispute is resolved.

This is the way it's been for 10 years here so I don't see those rules changing any time soon!

James.

The OP didn't mention seller buyer disputes and tbh if all else fails I think it's unfair on other people if we don't name and shame people who are scammers and fairly dangerous not to! Accidents will happen things do go missing get broken etc! But if I paid someone £x and they just disappeared then I would want other people to know, a banning doesn't stop them operating on other forums I'm a member of around 10 other forums and a trader off here (albeit ex) appears on most of them and still was operating months after ripping off and disappearing from here! What if I'd wanted some bodywork, saw he was close no problems on the sxoc no complaints here I wouldn't know and would hand over my car and cash and probably never see either again
Public naming an shaming is not wrong and traders should give their best service no matter what the fear of a backlash should be enough to make people look after their customers, and not treat them like crap and hope to get away with it, but I digress from my original point
The OP said the bickering, now what one person deems bickering I might see as a useful insightful discussion in which a keyboard warrior passing crap advice may get stubbed by someone who knows what they are talking about, unfortunately that doesn't happen enough as the people that know what they are on about usually get their voices lost in the crowd of people shouting what they've just googled as their own advice. Doesn't happen much here but on other forums it's a nightmare to get decent information without people telling you the facts, that they were told by their mate in the pub who was told by their mates uncles brothers son etc!
People have a right to voice their opinions no matter what anyone thinks, the mods are there to step in when it goes to far or off topic

I'd also like to add who are the forum mods??
The only two people I know of who step in to sort out stuff
Are
Kev and James

I'm sure there are plenty of members that have been members for a couple of years and are very active ie over two or three hours a day and checking updates throughout who wouldn't mind moderating I can think of a few people

Problem is when they start ignoring pms and texts and calls something needs to be said publically

That is when James or myself should be contacted.

If the trade dispute cannot be resolved I would then make this public on the forum in the correct manner.

Back