Stupid things drivers do.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Tell your funny or serious stories.
Not looking for speeding/hooning type stories but rather ones which make you scratch your head and go hmmmmm and ponder the theory of evolution.

Here are some of mine to kick it off.

#1 (currently my favourite)
Sitting behind a car in the drive through car wash, 3 options, cheap simple wash, next is wash and wax, most expensive is wash,wax&blow dry.
The car in front is getting the lot, good except why pay to get your car blow dried, it's RAINING right now. It'll be wet as soon as she drives out of the car wash. HMMMMMM.

#2 Narrow suburban street with parking allowed on both sides, few cars parked in street, lots of space except for two cars parked directly opposite each other in the street, sssqqquuueeeeeezzzeee past. Had either driver just parked one car length further along it would have been no problem but no, in a nearly clear street they park directly opposite.. hhhhmmmmmm.

#3 Light is poor, it's drizzly, the thinking drivers have their headlights on, the REALLY stupid ones have no lights on at all but the ones that make me go hmmmmm are the ones that just put their parkers on, bit like putting a candle in the headlight, as futile as spitting into the wind, if they thought it was dark enough for lights why just glow worm parkers and not headlights.

Mike

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
i'm cruising steady on motorway at 70 and some idiot speeds past at 80 bout meter ahead only to slow back down to 60 and i have to overtake at 70. 5mins later the same car repeats itself. why cant they just keep a steady speed.

and yeah i bloody hate suv or audi/beemer drivers with badly adjusted blinding HID lights

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
I live on a mountain road, basically at least one a week, I get the following, pull out of the driveway usually right behind a tourist, said tourist then proceeds to do 40-55kph the whole way down the mt road, ignoring any spots you could pull over and let someone past, said tourist then reaches the bottom of the mt, where the speed limit becomes the suburbs and is 60kph, tourist then proceeds to do 70kph...

Usually I catch them by the first set of lights they get stuck at, and I swear one day I will pull one out of his car and beat him stupid...

Seriously though, it's the 8min trip I 'need' to do to go down the shops and buy a bottle of milk, stuck behind some knob and it seriously takes 20+mins, final insult is the day I really did have to go buy milk, caught one on the way down, and then on the way back up...

Edit: Should have pointed out, said mt road has a posted limit of 70-80kph, so at 40kph behind a tourist it's like nails down a blackboard...

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
those of you live or have experienced Melbourne...
how do you feel when during rush hour time, 2 lanes... one is already taken by a slow piss ass tram which stops every 100meters and everyone has overtake from the 1st lane...

next thing you know a mum in her big richarce 4WD comes along, on occasion she will do one of the following:
-double park to drop off her kid.
-parallel parks which takes her a good 5+ min and multiple tries...
-or on some roads, just stop and parks when the whole lane is clearway till 11am..

either way having no regard for everyone, cant drive for **** and holds up the economy in the entire suburb lol

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Here are some more.

My new favourite : I turn onto the entry ramp to the freeway, the kind that has the lane control lights that cycle red/green every 3 sec to let a car go onto the freeway.
So I go onto the ramp, it's 3 lanes and there are 5 cars in each lane, how long have they been there?? dunno but the lights are faulty and flashing orange instead of going red green red, no one is moving till I sitting 6 cars back start tooting the horn. Wonder how long they were all going to just sit there. Hhhmmmm.

I'm sitting behind a car at one of those right turn intersections where you may get a green or red arrow to turn, in this case there was no arrow and the lights were green for cars to go straight ahead but he just sat there even though it was clear and safe to make the turn. Wonder how long he was going to wait for some coloured arrow to appear. Hhhmmmmm. How do these people get their licence.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
P.S putting parkers on in rain is more effective than using your lights as full blown lights will dazzle in the day they are also often closely the colour of daylight while your "candles" are noted very different yellow and avoided.

I think i'll also go with people driving slow in the right lane and people sitting on my ass when im in the left, in a fast car, almost expecting me to drive like a lunatic. When I dont they get the ****s and speed past. Soooo I speed past and sit infront of them again.. ahah yeah that is me suckers!

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Mind the language guys.

Not all parkers are yellow and I also said 'light is poor', so morning/dusk.

Anyway here's another.

Car with trailer (often a rental). They obviousley did not check the wiring before driving off. Your sitting behind then and note the tow vehicle is indicating right and the trailer left or vice versa. Are they going to turn left or right. Hhhmmmm. Or even worse you cant see the tow vehicles lights, just the trailer and they turn right across you while indicating the other way.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
What annoys me is people sitting on a forum having a cry about bad drivers. How many of you have all the points on your license?

Everyone does stupid things is human nature. Natural selection.

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
sikK11 WROTE:
How many of you have all the points on your license?

Me for one, can't even remember the last time I got ticketed for anything.

And not everyone does stupid stuff in cars, if you think that maybe you do, but it's certainly not everyone, if anything the fact you 'really' notice the idiots, is perhaps proof most people are sensible behind the wheel these days.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
sikK11 WROTE:

"What annoys me is people sitting on a forum having a cry about bad drivers. How many of you have all the points on your license?

Everyone does stupid things is human nature. Natural selection.

I got all my points as well.
In any case if you re-read my O/P I was trying to set the tone for more lighter stuff, some of the odd things that drivers do that leave you wondering. Just cruise with it and don't stress.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Here are some fresh from today.

1/ Seen a guy driving his car wearing full sized headphones, not the little things you put in your ears but the full cover your whole ear type headphones. I'm sure he'll be able to hear other traffic, horns or emergency vehicle sirens. NOT. Hhmmmm.

2/ I'm in my Ambulance trying to get out of a hospital car park, one of those auto-matic boom gate types that you either open with money/swipe card/key or ticket. I'm stuck behind a woman in her car.
Now any normal person knows that you park as close as you can to the little box thing so you can lean out of the drivers side window and do what you need to do to get the boom up and away you go.

Not this lady, she's parked way to the left and is out of her car which is several paces away from the toll box. I missed the first part of the saga, she was already there when I pulled up behind but now she's pressing the buzzer to speak with security to get them to open the gate, I assume she put her money in but was so long getting back to her car the boom went down again.
So anyway security sends the boom up but she's still got her back to it watching the intercom for ?something? and turns just in time to see the boom going down again.
So she buzzes again, the boom goes up she walks to her car, gets in and stuffs about putting her seatbelt on instead of driving through then belting up, so she takes so long the boom goes down again SHEESH, I'm still stuck behind her. Fortunatley a passing nurse see's what is happening, tells the woman to stay in the car while she uses her staff card to open the boom.. and these people are out on the roads.

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
Mum came back to her corolla after shopping the other week to find this parked next to her...

enough said...

Attachments

• 66714.jpg
    66714.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 30

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Way back when I was learning to drive, long before there was "political correctness" in everything we said, my instructor said to me "assume everyone else on the road is an incompetent idiot who cannot drive".

From what I see these days she was not far wrong.

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
RE: That parked picture above...

So I drive into a section of parking at a mall a few months back, there is two open spots so I pull into the left slot, I'm sitting there getting my gear together, and a huge 4WD pulls into the right spot, only he has pulled in a mile left of the spot, 3 inches away from my door, I have to seriously open the door a couple of inches and squeeze out, barely, I stare right at him and all I get is a blank look, he had left a mile of room on his right to get out, and is literally 'on' the painted white line to the right of my car.

Back