Hitting The Limiter In 5th!!!

Stani1029

Club Member
:laugh: ok people, not sure if anyone will know this but what is the fastest a 1.3 micra gearbox can go because tonight i had the car hitting the limiter in 5th!!! and i looked just as the needle gets stuck on the little mileage resetter and the revs were at 6000 at roughly 127mph so with another 1000 revs easy to go so what speed would that be :D cheers

micras rule lol

I did that about 6 or so years ago, it does work out at 127mph if you calculate through ratios, but that's based on the assumption that the tacho is correct which they seldom are....usually about 200-300rpm over read. Back then GPS' weren't around to verify the speed and I didn't get busted by the rozzers and have a speed gun print out for bragging rights haha. I did get it down a hill once with 6400rpm on the tacho but that's cheating :D (brown pants ensued shortly afterwards mind, as there were very little upgrades available then, so the running gear was all stock......not very stable!).

I was actually going to get a set of steelies on the SuperS and see what she'll do now, to see if I can rev out in 5th. I've never hit the limiter as mine is set at 7600rpm now, (was 6800-6900rpm back then when stock anyway).

In answer to your question the gearbox will go as fast as you can push it, basically until you run out of revs/power. Assuming at 6000rpm the speed was 127mph, 7000/6000*127 would give you 148mph, but that would need plenty more power to be achieved or a long, steep hill and some golden balls to complete the package ;)

Although your tyres may pop. I've done the same (private land), and it's not a very comfortable thing to do.

My speedometer was broken so I really got nothing out of it, but I've had over 110mph in my 1.0, which amazed me (this was slightly downhill) but I have no tacho to see how much was left.

see my speedo was working fine because i had my friend in his dads honda accord sitting along side me when i was cruising at 120mph, i have steelies on it also because i know bigger wheels wouldnt achieve that...so does nobody not know what speed i was doing?? all i know that it was very very fast lol and that im away to cut that mileage resetter off so it could carry on going round :p

facelift k11 micras are limited to 112mph iirc, but prefacelift k11 micras are not limited at all, and you can possibly see 120+ as said stani hit 127mph...;)

facelift k11 micras are limited to 112mph iirc, but prefacelift k11 micras are not limited at all, and you can possibly see 120+ as said stani hit 127mph...;)

yeh i hit that with 1000rpm to go so next time im at my airport ;) ill take a picture after cutting that thing off :upside:

I've redlined mine in 4th at 110mph, that was my old one.

Although I'm fairly sure topping a Micra out at those speeds really isn't safe anyway.. and it can't be doing the engine or gearbox good if it's sitting at 7000rpm for ages pulling to go faster.. lol.

Micra's aren't really imports though are they? Seeming they were made in sunderland or wherever.

I'm pretty sure the earlier ones of each model were.

Besides, someone must've of brought some over at some point! ^^

I've been told that a K11 with 2 cats are imports?

I've redlined mine in 4th at 110mph, that was my old one.

Although I'm fairly sure topping a Micra out at those speeds really isn't safe anyway.. and it can't be doing the engine or gearbox good if it's sitting at 7000rpm for ages pulling to go faster.. lol.

i take that your old one was a 1.0l?? and it wasnt sitting at 7000rpm for ages cause its a turbo, gets there pretty quick :p fwn

CG13DE
1st gear - 6500RPM - 36.14 MPH
2nd gear - 6500RPM - 50.08 MPH
3rd gear - 6500RPM - 76.13 MPH
4th gear - 6500RPM - 105.60 MPH
5th gear - 6500RPM - 129.53MPH

CG10DE (prefacelift)
1st gear - 6500RPM - 27.59 MPH
2nd gear - 6500RPM - 48.07 MPH
3rd gear - 6500RPM - 71.14 MPH
4th gear - 6500RPM - 91.56 MPH
5th gear - 6500RPM - 110.73 MPH

If your using 155/55/13's

my figures are worked out from the nissan spec for the gearboxes... So they should all be the same if on the same size wheels. I'd put the varying down to speedo innaccuracy.

my figures are worked out from the nissan spec for the gearboxes... So they should all be the same if on the same size wheels. I'd put the varying down to speedo innaccuracy.

your figures are a bit off even if they are caluclated on a 1.0 i gte to 85 ish in 3rd and have been to 110 in 3rd with a few thousand left but second is about right I think it goes to 55

yeh i hit that with 1000rpm to go so next time im at my airport ;) ill take a picture after cutting that thing off :upside:

you don't need to, some of the base moddel micras came without a trip reset use one of those

your figures are a bit off even if they are caluclated on a 1.0 i gte to 85 ish in 3rd and have been to 110 in 3rd with a few thousand left but second is about right I think it goes to 55

110 in 3rd on a 1.0 box with revs to spare? erm OK.

my calcs are from nissan specs.

110 in 3rd on a 1.0 box with revs to spare? erm OK.

my calcs are from nissan specs.

If someone's getting 110mph in 3rd on a 1.0 there's something very wide about that.

My 1.0 gets 81mph preciseley before hitting the limiter.

My old 1.3 Super S done just sharp of 110mph in 4th, which sounds very right along with Ian's predictions, when you think at those speeds your speedo is sometimes lying.

had a type o of lol, 85 in thrid and 110 in 5th lol with some left.

so
its like this

1st - not sure never bothered too much
2nd - like 45
3rd - 83
4th- never checked
5th-110 with some left to go.

Sorry if i misled anyone.

I have proper sized tyres and wheels so the speedo reads 30 at 30 and 50 at 50 (checked with gps) Nissan has a tolerance like most manufacturers.

I've hit the rev limiter in 1st to 3rd, and it goes..

1st - 30 / 32mph
2nd - 55mph
3rd - 82mph

and I've had 110mph out of it in 5th, no rev counter to tell you.

Unless your car has a different gearbox you can't be doing 83 in 3rd with a shorter ratio 1.0 when the 1.3's are hitting 85...

i have a 1.0 and this is what ive done so far

1st - 29
2nd - 56
3rd - 78
4th - 101
5 - No idea never redlined it but ive had 117 so far and sure i could have plenty to go

lol apparantly so, ive had 121 down a hill but i aint counted that lol i had 117 down the a64 on way to leeds to see me dad *yes i no very small road but i wanted to see what i could get*

so much for the 106mph lol

My speedo only goes to 100 in the 1.0l K10, I've had it flicking of the bottom loads of times lol, should do it with the ####nav one day.

Back