Shr3k's Micra in the garage

SHR3K

Ex. Club Member
Hey guys,

Been driving since friday but by saturday evening my car had to be towed XD

It's now at a garage having the front right brake looked at. Some guy my sister was dating decided to pull the hand brake just as i was accelerating upto 45 mph, he pulled it at about 44 MPH just as i was changing to 3rd. Luckily the clutch was down but panicking i put me foot on the brakes and pushed really hard, which made the car skid and after that i couldn;t accelrate properly and black dust on me wheel :S

Anyway i dropped Jason home to launceston about 45 miles from me house and driving home my max speed was arround 20 MPH and i had to stop every 5 miles to let the wheel cool :S

Anyway i'll update you as soon as i know but i now know what it's like to loose your bug :( I really love that car, micra's are so fun to drive. Nevermind i'm on the scooter till it gets fixed, hopefully by south west motor show next week!

Shr3k

Sounds like the hand brake has got stuck on, or the brakes have locked.

Unlucky, and dont ever let him in the car again.

It was very very inconsiderate of him to do that to you!

if its the front then is nothing to do with the handbrake pulling, but more the hard braking probably caused front right caliper pistion to come out to far thus locking out which only happens if the brake pads are very close to metal

Well whatever happens don;t think he will be a pasenger again put it thatw ay, it's surprising how much you miss your car :s

Shr3k

what an arse ! i hope your going to charge him for the bill....seriously

i agree there, my mate made me hit the kerb when he was drunk, he decided to cover my eyes and scream so i slammed on the brakes cos i was coming up for a corner, it was only the tracking that needed redone but i made him pay for that

It annoys me so much when passengers mess around with the controls. I used to have a mate (note the USED) who would always knock my car out of gear just before pulling away at lights and junctions. It annoyed me no end, but for some reason he thought it was hilarious. As the others have said, make sure he picks up the bill.

UPDATE,

I have one happy micra back on the drive, 2 new front disk brakes and caliper assemplies and new pads :) Sportier ones, the guy ( An RAC bloke me dad's known for yonks) said the sporty ones were 2 quid more so now i got uprated suspension and me Micra back. :D

I'm so happy i may leave the guy who sorted it and just be happy with what i have. I may send him the bill but for now get some petrol and go cruising :D

Shr3k

:D :D :D

dude i wouldnt not send him the bill, if he refuses to pay go to the police as its criminal damage, at the end of the day you have had to pay out money that you didnt have to pay before he acted like a monkey !

he messed up your car and he's dating your sister. is he trying to get his head kicked in or what? lol
(im being sarcastic by the way for anyone having a sence of humor failure)

He sounds like a muppet but unfortunatly there are plenty about. Someone yanked my hand brake up once and stretched it. Don't speak to that muppet anymore. Glad your car is sorted!

To be honest guys i'm just happy to have the car back :D

I really missed it lol,

Anyway he's not going in the car again and i just sent him the bill.

Shr3k

rlees85

we can do better than that, we can knock him down :p

but seriously i have been having headaches ever since he climbed in through the sunroof and kicked me in the head :S.

add that to your bill (oh and a few meals for the two of us :p)

Dont come a nocking till friday seeing as im ####ed after collge now

jackassuk

Well a full rebuild of the calipers, new discs (sporty ones) and new pads all came to 80 quid fitted :D

Good when you know people.

He wrote the bill out to 150 though ;) A good 70 for the inconvinience :D

Shr3k

Back