Hit kurb HARD

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
hey

just smashed up one of my pretty much brand new 150 quid a peice alloy wheels good and proper thanks to a nice big kurb and some DANM black ice!!!

i got my spare steelie on now and that, trying to source a new alloy...

But the car is driving abit funny. I visually inspected the hub and suspension and it seems ok... but it pulls to the left... then sometimes to the right... then sometimes to the left again.... its weird.? also sometimes under braking (occasionally) can feel a wobble/vibrate through the pedal...

Just wondering if you guys knew what sort of things i should check? also im planning to drive home to glastonbury for xmas tmr evening. its 150 miles, it goes without saying im going to be driving very steadily (60mph max, slow on corners) but do you think it would hold out?

Thank you!

check your disks....
check your wheel studs
check your steering rack and ball joints....

have the suspension arms checked also... as they can bend without showing any signs...

Have you got odd size wheels on the front now ? if so that will not help /tyre pressure that will also do the same /I would get it up on a ramp and check the steering and other parts ,just to be on the safe side good luck

my guess is that the transverse link (wishbone) has been bent on impact to some degree (£60?)...or may be one of the monuts had bent or moved....may be a rubber bush has split or become dislodged too

can the wheel be repaired(instead of sourcing a replacement)...or do you think it may have cracked with the impact?

hope you get it sorted without too much fuss

cheers...

i will get a garage to check it over properly becuase im not really good enough in that area lol.. the wheels totally knackered, huge crack all the way through the rim about 10-15cm long... lol so definatly requires replacement... :(

frank: already swapped the steelie onto the back so the two fronts are same sized, and sorted out the pressures :) so not that ... unfortunatlly.

ill see if i can get it looked at tomorrow before the journey down, if not, ill just be very careful with it until i had someone check it over... but thanks :)

thanks for the offer. mite not be possible becuase i cant leave until quite late in the evening.

im going to make sure the drive shaft isnt bent tomorrow before i go anywhere anyway as a friend told me it could be that...

if thats the problem... i wont b going anywhere lol

whats the postcode though out of interest? add me on msn or email me to my msn address if you don want to post here...

thanks v much :)

my guess is that the transverse link (wishbone) has been bent on impact to some degree (£60?)...or may be one of the monuts had bent or moved....may be a rubber bush has split or become dislodged too

can the wheel be repaired(instead of sourcing a replacement)...or do you think it may have cracked with the impact?

hope you get it sorted without too much fuss

i make them at work we call them for short tv links lol im the guy that fits the bushes and then sends them on to the robots to get pressed lol,also make the front members rear arms ,rear members and rear arm brackets ect just thought i would let you know the ball joint on the tv links will be held in by a snap ring and you need a good hammer to get them out lol

Back