high revving bike carbed cg13

Hy there guys looking to put bike carbs onto a cg13 with ported head and cams wondering what valves and springs to go for for a safe 8k limter maybe 8500rpm and which carbs? do i match the size of carb to the size of inlet port on the head or bigger or smaller? any help would be very much appriciated!!!! cheers guys

there are a few members running carbs oliver, skinner, and bias,s k10 a while back, there should be some info in the motorsport section :)

Ok thank you very much for being helpfull =] just ideas flying around my head atm love to pair this with the 1 liter box or 13 box with 1.0 final drive can this be done? if they are same years? cheers again!

the facelift 1.0 has the same RS5F30 g/box as the 1.3,s anyway oliver, but with a lower diff ratio, hoodedreaper just changed the g/box on his :)

ok so ideally i just want a facelift cg10 gearbox onto a cg13 engine =] better acceleration through all gears am i right? cheers ill get searching through forum -=] thanks again!

Hy there guys looking to put bike carbs onto a cg13 with ported head and cams wondering what valves and springs to go for for a safe 8k limter maybe 8500rpm and which carbs? do i match the size of carb to the size of inlet port on the head or bigger or smaller? any help would be very much appriciated!!!! cheers guys
i have a picture which might help but i just cant figure out how to do it on this site properly

ok so ideally i just want a facelift cg10 gearbox onto a cg13 engine =] better acceleration through all gears am i right? cheers ill get searching through forum -=] thanks again!
yes mate a 98 to 2000 1.0, the coilpack k11,s have crank sensor mounted in their g/box and they fetch silly money.
matt humphris posted some info on what to look for a few years ago

ok thats sounds good so thats the box im after then =] cheers i take it the facelift cg10 have coil packs? does the cg13 run a map sensor or just a maf in the throttle body? cheers again!

ok cheers hehe sorry for dumb questions just wanna make sure i only make one purchase hehe instead of serveral wrong ones ok cool so gonna have to figure out a way for ecu to know when engines under load to advance ignition =]

that would work i assume but like skinner i live on an island also so no rolling road and the ferry cost are just insane so its down to the old school approach adjust ignition advance via dizzy test and repeat i think ive bugged skinner about his setup so hopefully he can enlighten me =] and tell me whats what

mani4.jpg
mani2.jpg
mani1.jpg
mani3.jpg
246522_3638919897987_242925298_n.jpg
564272_3638920097992_244553347_n.jpg
291849_3886601209865_1438879947_n.jpg
534099_3905129273055_458194285_n.jpg
302860_3905129073050_1652833864_n.jpg

The Manifold i made up in a hour, its rough as a bears arse but i couldnt see the point in making an alloy one until i knew whether it worked or not, you get the idea though. The car is an ep80 starlet, i prefer the starlet for racing, dont ask me why, i cant honestly answer hahahaha. Cg13 on a toyota box (not a major job to do either). It will be running megajolt controlled edis 4 system, full 4-1 exhaust system, 1.0 pistons, slotted cam sprockets (cams have to remain standard....ish) light porting of the head to match the manifolds and try and smooth the bridges. Car is very very light!!!! uses fully adjustable TRD coilovers in the front with cusco pillowball topmounts, will be using special ex-national hotrod rear shocks. Pound for pound the cg engines far out perform the toyota engines (4efe) and reliability is exceptional. Once its up and running i'll let you know how it works out but i have a feeling it will be a flyer ;)

That's I'd simply awsome!! Minted job man ill read over this again after work! But thanks alot for the pics!!!
No problem, i dont claim to be an expert on anything, i like learning the hard way, it broadens the mind hahahaha ....i mess around with stuff like this to keep me sane and out of the pub..lol. I enjoy making something out of nothing for as little money as possible!!! i get immense satisfaction in beating the money boys in something i built mcguyver style ;). Good luck with your project..it may not work 100% first time but keep plugging away and it will be worth it :D

that would work i assume but like skinner i live on an island also so no rolling road and the ferry cost are just insane so its down to the old school approach adjust ignition advance via dizzy test and repeat i think ive bugged skinner about his setup so hopefully he can enlighten me =] and tell me whats what
When i ran a weber on the cg10 engine, i used the k10 electronic dizzy with vacumn advance. the slot drive was modified to take the cg dizzy end and a spacer made up to sit in the head. It was very simple, just 2 wires, and proved capable of maintaining good spark above 8000rpm. i dont have pictures to hand, i would have to take some tomorrow. I think there was a thread on this site which showed another member using this setup, not sure which section though

Cheers mate a man of my own heart haha I too love tinkering and kinda like it when something isn't quite 100% so I can figure it out and redo it agh a vacuum dizzy I was going to ask about this now I know haha I shall defo be looking into this as vacuum advance plays a huge roll in acceleration when engine under load cheers again lord ur a star! ;)

That manifold must have taken you ages to make it looks very good though!! How did you cut out the initial flange shape?! Dremmel?! Also what thickness off steel was it?! 10mm?! Cheers mate

Cheers mate a man of my own heart haha I too love tinkering and kinda like it when something isn't quite 100% so I can figure it out and redo it agh a vacuum dizzy I was going to ask about this now I know haha I shall defo be looking into this as vacuum advance plays a huge roll in acceleration when engine under load cheers again lord ur a star! ;)

Anyone any ideas to where this old thread might be? I've been searching for the distributor modifications related posted and this seems to be as close as i can get. Frank? You're bound to of tried this at some point over the years?

Anyone any ideas to where this old thread might be? I've been searching for the distributor modifications related posted and this seems to be as close as i can get. Frank? You're bound to of tried this at some point over the years?
it was probably bias,s or machisan,s build threads eh ?

as i already put up a few of the car already....here are a few more, did a bit over the xmas ;). The bike carbs and steel manifold have gone away, i will be getting a lovely aluminium one back :cool:. Ohlins shocks are a small bit overkill really but they certainly look the part!!

58138440094835618472806.jpg
23116438544838469512059.jpg
42316238544848869776031.jpg
55716140093765591721157.jpg
53790240550626212958679.jpg
55332740565144975911299.jpg
23316409228939194115209.jpg
88240550711415081608723.jpg

Back