Hi K11 gurus. i have cg/cga questions?

Hi peeps,

Got some questions that I have been researching over the last couple weeks, based on thoughts of possible upgrades.

Right here goes, as some of you know I have fitted a cg13de into my k10 prefacelift. It is running twin downdraught webers and a k10 electronic dizzy.

Iam in talks with my local tuner about head work. I will be giving the head a little clean up and mild port myself. My tune shop will make sure my works all good and then give it a 3 angle valve/valve seat job and probably a decent size skim.

Autosprint will be doing some cams for me with any luck.

Now, I want a bit more from my setup and have been pondering different ideas. Can people brain storm some pros and cons for the following:

Cga13de instead of cg13de?

Or

Cg10de stroked too 1312cc?

Also:

If I were to pick my self up a cga13, will I be able to use my modded k10 dizzy in the cga13 head?
If not can I swap a cam from a cg13 into it too make it work?
Can I fit the whole head from my cg13 onto a cga13?
Do cga13 use same inlet and exhaust manifold bolt patterns?

Also:

What is a safe rev limit for the stock cg13de bottom end?

And

The cga13 bottom end?

I wouldn't mind an engine that'll rev too 8k but iam sure I have heard that 7.5k is the safe limit without some balancing work.

Any details on work, too make the cg or cga rev higher?

At what stage do the hydraulic tappets need changing for solid?

Iam pretty sure my swift gti engine in my mini will rev too 8600 before the tappets start to bounce/lock out.

I do appologise for all these questions and iam sorry I have had to ask, I suck at searching on this forum lol :(

Cheers dudes
Kev

Back