micra rally ideas

Hy there really thinking of starting a rally build for next years local rally wanting to stay cg13 as its 1.0-1.3 then 1.3 upwards and also has to be naturally aspirated im thinking of a few bits but need some handy help from you micra dudes! just engine for now then ill widen the track front and rear and add wider arches nd lower slightly obv brakes too

- bike carbs, unsure which ones to use i.e 400cc 600cc ect
- cams ill be searching for cams or just inlet cam to replace standard piper i believe?
- exhaust decent manifold then ill build a custom decat back 2 straight through boxes or something
- gearbox and flywheel ive heard i could swap the cg10 final drive into the cg13 box for better acceleration but don't know what year will fit (have to wait and see which year car i get frst just want to know if final drive and or gears are swapable between the 2
- pistons i believe the cg10 pistons have a high compression ratio due to them being flat is this true?

apart from that im pretty knoweledegable about cars engine im a time served mechanic with plenty b series swaps and engine build experience thanks guys any info would be very much appreciated cheers! oli

i'm going for this sort of engine build for the road. i'm doing the following

bike carbs : CBR600 (or just the cheapest 400 or 600 carbs of ebay). the narrower the inlet tract, the faster the airflow will be [better for high revving])
pistons: cg10 pistons on cg13 rods and crank
ideally you want a 4-2-1 mani for flow.
you shuold be able to stick a cg10 box on the cg13, this is what i'm hoping to do as all the ratios are different, not just the final drive.

i believe piper will do repro cams for about £200.

after these bits n bobs, a lightweight flywheel should be a great benefit according to all those who've done it.

think you need a standalone ecu for the throttle bodies though. not found a way to run it on the standard one yet.

You will need to incorporate a high flow cat into your system, the f1000 boys tend to use a vortex sports cat incorporated into a 2"system :)

Back