High pitched whisling noise at tick-over

Has anyone had this problem before? When my K11 1.0 is running at tick over, there is a high pitched whistling noise from the alternator area. When the revs are increased slightly it goes away but returns when foot off the throttle. I did change the belts a couple of years ago and they look OK. Does anyone have some checks I could try?

Pour a little water on the pully as it's running if the whistle goes then its the belt & caused by the friction between belt & pully.

Don't stand in line of the spray!!

Thanks a lot guys Im not too worried about it, but I noticed today that It did not squeel when the engine was cold but did once it got warm. I wondered if one of the belts were a bit too tight.

No, its just the alternator noise at idle at that rpm, when the engine is cold the idle will be at higher rpm and doesnt make that sound, i will see if i can make a video...

Thats a great idea I will see if I can video the car when it is making the noise, This noise is loud, put it this way if somebody came to buy the car they would walk away if I said it was normal.

Back