Hi there! looking for info on K11's

CMF_Happy Dude

» CMF Member
hi, i am looking around for as much info on k11's as i can get. In particular looking into modding. As i may be purchasing one off my friend in a few months . I plan on building it into a cheap little track car. It already has rims and suspension mods, so i will probably just do a couple more suspension mods, strip it out, then strap on some semi's and get out there.
I will be looking into getting a bit more power out of it, probably just N/A for the time being, as i'm not to keen for the extra complications of turbo. So any help on options for N/A tuning would be greatly appreciated.
There is a few little details that need to fall into place before i will get it , but in the mean time i thought i might get as much info as i can, just incase.

Thanks

Tim

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Welcome to the forum Tim, there are a few guys who have done some serious work no turbo, hopefully they'll see your post and pitch in with some advice. Also check out the articles and technical sections, you should find some useful stuff there.

Mychael

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
hi tim, my most effective mods were a custom 260/10mm lift inlet cam, 1.0 (flat-top) pistons, 4kg flywheel and some subtle exhaust mods (some extractors would help somewhat but i want to keep my insurance loadings down)

frank

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
There are whiteline bits available for suspension.
There are some upgrades where parts can be swapped from larger nissans:
gearbox with viscous LSD (or you can go aftermarket)
brakes
engines with a bit of fabrication necessary

Plenty to be done, of course you need to buy the car first.

k11wiki.com (which needs more people to add to it) may also be of interest.

CMF_Happy Dude

» CMF Member
cool, thanks everyone. i'll just keep on searching round and try to find all the answers i'm looking for. :)
one quick one but. Frank2, u were saying that u got custom ground cams, does that mean that there is no aftermarket cams available for the 1.3?

Back