info on micras

CMF_micra85

» CMF Member
hey guys, sorry for being a pain im new to the site and im not sure how 2 find the info im looking for yet.

i would like to know the difference with the mircas as im looking at getting one.
what has changed from the 1995-1997 models?
what are some of the problems they have and what should i look out for?
anymore info you could post would help
i have found a 1995 4 door slx model with low (50,000) ks for $5000
is that a on ok price?
thanks

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Hi "85". Yes, $5k is a good price all other things being equal. If the car is sound etc. Even better value if it has power steering and aircon.

We had 2 series of Micras 1 & 2, mechanically identical largely cosmetic changes.
In the context of the SLX the series one has a fold flat rear seat, the series two does not.
The series 2 has a different grill, side trims and the "A" pillar trims on a series two incorporate small tweeter speakers.
The fabric patterns are different between both series. The series two has a different steering wheel, slightly different control stalks on the column and a hand grip on the rear hatch. They both drive the same.

LX was the base model Micra, basic everything and only came in a two door. The Super S was the sports model with ABS brakes, sports dash, different trim inside and out, body kit and sunroof. Same mechanicals as all other models.

Not a lot goes wrong with the cars if they have been maintained properly and not thrashed,the CVT auto transmission can be a problem and are expensive to repair, the cars don't generally rust.
Listen for timing chain rattle but at those k's should not be an issue.
Basically the normal stuff, see if it drives well and everything works.

Mychael

Back