Hi all K11 owners, greetings from New Zealand.

Hey everyone.

Just want to say hi and introduce myself. I just bought a K11 March as a daily driver since I now need to commute a bit more than what I had to previously. I am a flight instructor, lecturer and I also run my own business modifying Nissans.

This is my daily driver till now, my 1000bhp widebody Fairlady.

picture047ed.jpg

picture037xv.jpg

Obviously I bought the March (Micra) for fuel efficiency not performance. Its a nice little CG10, 2 door manual in KH3 Black (same as my Z, which was quite important to me). No thrills base model with manual windows etc. Its a keeper and exactly what I wanted.

My interest for the March really came because of this

0706017.jpg

Its a rare kit, I have already begun collecting parts in Japan, I am only a few parts short so I will update you guys as time goes by.

If you guys dont mind I have two questions for you. 1) I have seen this speedo around and was wondering which market and model it came out of. If you see one for sale cheap please feel free to pm me.

imag0691x.jpg

Its a 200kph speedo with a tachometer. Can anyone tell me what the LCD panel below the tacho is for?

2) I am about to do the GA airbox mod, which is probably the only performance mods I will do (any feedback on this?). Can someone please tell me the correct breather filter size? I saw Seb's post and the one he bought was the same size as the hose and he ended up having to use a copper tube to connect it. I am hoping I can get it right first time round. Also, are there any problems running the breather filter since some air exchange now takes place outside the airflow meter (whereas it was a closed system before)

Thanks everyone!

Hello and welcome (Y). That Fairlady is gorgeous, 1000bhp is plenty :laugh::grinning:

As for the speedo/rev cluster - that looks like it came out of a prefacelift model K11 (between 1992 and 1997/1998), but I'm not sure what the LCD display is for. Could be for a clock, I know it's for the mileage/trip/clock in the later facelift models that come with a digital rather than analogue mileometer fwn

The cluster is from a K11 Super S. The later SR model had green dials. The LCD part is a time clock.

Beautiful Fairlady by the way, wonder though if you might tell us more about it ;)

Pepper

nah, march cluster imo, KPH (totally different wiring/plug/plugs on the back apparently :eek:)
(and hi pilot p (Y))

I love those VDP1100 style kits, so much cooler than a Viewt.

Welcome.

When I thought of Kiwi K11's my thoughts ran immediately to the super slammed example of Chris Cains on beeoneoneoh - alas seems the pics are no longer hosted.

gwaa that Z is jaw dropping ive never seen a nicer looking one and i bet you drive her daily? welcome mate
Thanks. Yeah it was my daily driver until recently, not so much because of the distance (over 100km a day now) but traffic. Its not really geared up for start/stop and slow speed driving any more with the clutch, cams etc etc. Becomes a bit of a handful. Hill starts = burning rubber just because I can't feather the clutch being an unsprung 5 puk. Its perfectly streetable with plenty of low down torque (fyi, a properly done up 500hp Z behaves more like a 650+hp skyline due to the torque) but maintenance cost of fluids, tires, pads etc etc just becomes unreasonable. If it was a long non interrupted drive I wouldn't mind, but I don't get any enjoyment being stuck in traffic jams.

Upkeep of the Z is costly, no denying that :doh:. Heck I need a tire rack and wheel display stand just to store the slicks and semi slicks I use for different occasions. Front tires anything from 245s-265s, rears 295s-345s. Right now my street set up I am using 255s up front and 335s on the rear.
picture005gm.jpg

Am I right in thinking it is these lights that you need?
The rear end is a lot more involved than the Autech Rumba/Bolero. Thanks for asking though. This kit is beautiful and when I saw it I just had to get a K11. I really like how they've managed to keep the lines flowing. To me its classic design mixed with modern (Nissan) reliability. Win/Win

0204240a20110301w00107.jpg

Beautiful Fairlady by the way, wonder though if you might tell us more about it
Sure! Engine I've retained the VG30dett (best Nissan engine imo :wasntme:), 860cc injectors, fully forged internals, trimmed twin GT28RS disco potatoes boosting 28psi scramble boost up to 32psi. 150 shot of wet NOS, water injection, racelogic traction control (used on the Gumpert Apollo and Lotus Eleven, for you Top Gear fans its the unit Hammond was playing around with in the Gumpert), Wilwood 6pot calipers cyro treated two piece rotors, forged aluminum composite driveshaft, chromoly clutch and flywheel, torsen LSD, independently adjustable suspension....and the list just goes on! Rear wheels are 18x12.5 SSR Gartmaier at -16 offset. Every bit of the car has been modified pretty much, from light bulbs to the park brake shoes.
img9028j.jpg

nizfest.jpg

The widebody is a Strosek kit I've modified, rear bumper I designed myself. Strosek is famous for their widebody Porsches but Nissan actually commisioned them to make a widebody for the Z back in the 90s. Overall width is over 2 meters. There are a few subtle things I've changed from Strosek's original design (including different front and rear bumper) , I am very happy with how my car turned out overall.

I love those VDP1100 style kits, so much cooler than a Viewt.
Yup I agree, too much going on with the Mitsuoka. Do you have a pic of the car mentioned? Got me intrigued!

Back to my question, if you don't mind. The speedometer is not a Japanese domestic market item because everything we have here (Jap import and NZ New) shows 180kph. I am wondering which country it originated from? Oh yeah, have any of you guys done the airbox mod? Looking to buy that breather filter soon.

Thanks guys!

PS: For those who use facebook feel free to 'like' my company. Sure you're not Z owners (or from NZ for that matter) but no one knows that :laugh: Wouldn't mind a few more 'likes'.

http://www.facebook.com/PSpec.co.nz

Thanks Seb_

Any tips on the breather filter size? I was reading your blog and upon search two threads regarding airbox upgrade your name was mentioned.

Guys, I have the answer for the 200kph speedo. Its from Australia :) They come with 200kph speedos. Thanks everyone :)

Well spotted. If my latest purchase is confirmed, all I need to finish the set is front bumper, front grille and rear bumper. I have all the lights now, but I'll definitely keep that in mind when I have the items in person. I'll compare it to a MG BGT and see if its identical. Rear bumper is definitely unique for the March (inspired by the BGT perhaps), lights might be from MG.

That Z really is just too awesome, bet it's a hell of a lot of fun to drive (Y). And those rear tyres really are ma-hooooo-sive!!!

i had running problems on mine after fitting a filter there due to there being un metered air going into the inlet manifold!, i simply removed the other breather pipe that goes onto the front of the linlet manifold (be under it(if that makes sense)) and block it off!

Back