Greetings from Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dust

So I don't really own a Micra, but will be picking up a 1993 March IZF next month. Its a 1L with the AT. It's beater, and in kinda rough shape, but my current car is too big, and I want something to tinker with. I found the site when looking for some info on transmission fluid.

Greetings to all

A few questions. Since I can't read enought Japanese, can anyone tell me some dimensions on the oil filter. I was hoping that there was enough room to use some already bought filters i have at home.

I think that filter thread pitch is 3/4 by 16 with a 2.1 to 2.4 gasket diameter. Can anyone give me a thumbs up on this?

Also, I am wanting to install a different tape deck in the vehicle, but haven't been able to find any info on removing the panel. the vehicle has a cd player at the bottom and a tape deck above the HVAC controls. I want to install a tape deck with an aux input.

wow a member all the way from japan :) welcome to the club :) im sure one of the k11 chaps will be able to help you with your question, enjoy your stay :D

welcome :)

i'm so jelous lol is Japan as amazing as it looks?

As soon as I get out of the city, it's pretty beautiful. I can only do that on the weekends though, because I work until it gets dark.

I don't have any pics of the car yet, but it's not much to look at. It's a definite downgrade from what I currently have, an Efini MS-8. The March has a racing stripe on the passenger's side from a guard rail, and a miscolored fender from a hit and run.

It needs an oil change, and an ATF change, and a cd player, and it should be good to go.

Any help on getting the tape deck changed out?

Welcome to the MSC! :)

To anyone in the UK i'd just say get a wiring harness ISO adaptor and you're good to go, but I don't know if they're available/needed in Japan...

They look like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nissan-micra-radio-stereo-adaptor-lead-plug-cable-iso_W0QQitemZ4616980061QQcategoryZ10402QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

By the way, is the Japanese in my name correct? I did a bit of looking into it and "私 リーベ マーチ" should mean "I love March", but I haven't been able to confirm this with anyone lol

James :)

that is the katakana way to say it. March is spelled(sounded out) correctly, but love is either daiski (non-romantic) or ai (love) suru (do, have, it’s basically the word used to make a noun a verb), and the verb would come at the end so you would be saying, Watashi wa, March wo daiski desu.

I will check on that link when I get home. Can’t access from work. I am trying to get a Micra Haynes Manual coming my way, and I will be doing an H4 headlight relay rewire when I get the chance.

Can someone tell me what kind of room there is around the oil filter. I have some big oil filter with the same thread pitch, but they are very tall, and I don’t know what kind of room there is under the car, as I haven’t been under it yet.

I can't see the Japanese in your name, so I can't help you with it. SOrry

James said:
Welcome to the MSC! :)

To anyone in the UK i'd just say get a wiring harness ISO adaptor and you're good to go, but I don't know if they're available/needed in Japan...

They look like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nissan-micra-radio-stereo-adaptor-lead-plug-cable-iso_W0QQitemZ4616980061QQcategoryZ10402QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

By the way, is the Japanese in my name correct? I did a bit of looking into it and "私 リーベ マーチ" should mean "I love March", but I haven't been able to confirm this with anyone lol

James :)
I figured out I think what you are talking about. It’s just an adapter to wire the radio into the Nissan radio connection, or is it something more complicated?

YOu take it right. I am an American living in Ibaraki Japan teaching English at 4 schools in Mito city.

Dust said:
YOu take it right. I am an American living in Ibaraki Japan teaching English at 4 schools in Mito city.
Wow cool :) Where in the States are you from? I've been around there a bit and I'm going to Chicago in April :)

Also:
Dust said:
It’s just an adapter to wire the radio into the Nissan radio connection
That is correct :)

James said:
Wow cool :) Where in the States are you from? I've been around there a bit and I'm going to Chicago in April :)

Also:That is correct :)

I am from Texas, but you probably couldn't pin it on me unless you had me say about 4 words in a certain order.

I let you know whether it needs one or not whenever I found out how to get the panel out.

Micra Haynes book on the way. 8 weeks later, it should be here.

The joys of shipping overseas eh? I'm awaiting delivery of some LED rear clusters from Taiwan from their Super Marches, should take about the same length of time lol

I have some oil and fuel additives that are coming from Singapore, which originally came from Texas. Since they are oil/fuel stuff, I couldn't/didn't want to just bring them on a plane with me, so from Texas to Singapore, then from Singapore to Japan they go.

Fortunately, my parents are coming at the end of the month, and the several things (HD enclosure, h4 lights, and alot of other things) will be coming at the cost of $75 per parent via standby and a brother at Delta.

If all goes well, they will come back next year and take me home. Weight limits suck for long term stays, but 100 lbs to 300 lbs makes packing much easier. I may wind up with some camaro import tail lights and other hard to find things that I could sell or use.

im going to japan in jan 07...Tokyo Auto Salon....if any one from the MSC wants to come with me they can. I should be going with one of my mates.

We could have a MSC meet in japan apart from no micras awwww....but we could easily get a lift to one of the rest stops....thanks to dust lol

nismo_k12 said:
im going to japan in jan 07...Tokyo Auto Salon....if any one from the MSC wants to come with me they can. I should be going with one of my mates.

We could have a MSC meet in japan apart from no micras awwww....but we could easily get a lift to one of the rest stops....thanks to dust lol
Just coincide it with one of those Japanese MICRA meets like cisco did last year :) hehe

i might try and see if something like that is going on. ive been keeping my eyes on www.geocities.co.jp/k12freaks and checking up on when they are having meets etc also been speaking to the owner of the site but he's unsure when the meets are going to be held for next year lol. The main aim for me when im over there is to get into the tokyo auto salon. Im getting press tickets so i can get in on the friday. The show starts on teh saturday.

Sorry for highjacking the thread youve got me started now!!!!!!im wanna go back to japan!

No worries about the hijacking in the least. I would be down for visiting some friends form across the landmass. If you get stuff worked out, I would be happy to drive over, and show off the mods she should have be then.

The Tokyo Auto Salon was awesome. I had a friend who got tickets somehow, and I got to go for free. The trip there was quite expensive (tolls, Costco, then Outback), but it was fun, and there were some nice cars, can’t really complain about the women either.

paperwork for parking has been turned into the police, so in about 5 days I can pick that up, and go to get the title for the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back