Greetings from Holland!!!

L

LoKi

Hello Micra fanatics!

I just signed up after finding this site through Google - I searched for "Micra Mod Forum"...

I am dutch, and live in Haarlem - but I can't find any Micra modding groups in my own country...I hope I may participate here...

ANYWAY

I bought a white 1993 K11, a 1.0 lx, in MINT condition. It was formerly owned by an old lady (from new) who went to the supermarket 2km from her house twice per week with it and little else. Sweet!

Obviously, it's totally mod-free at the moment; sitting on silly little wheels (even if the wheel-covers are very new-looking) with black bumpers, mirrors and door-protectors. Also it has a horrid blue and green 'go faster' decal all down the sides (those japs should stick to engineering, instead of engineering stickers!)...

I have loads of plans for the car, but it's going to take ages as I don't earn a lot of money (I'm a struggling electronic musician), but one step at a time...
My initial thoughts were as follows, but I am open to suggestions:

1: Alloys (16 inch OZ with many many spokes) + tyres
2: New front + back bumpers, mirrors and sidestrips (or get originals sprayed)
3: Superchip and induction kit
4: Manifold/exhaust upgrade
5: Interior + ICE (no precise plans yet)

and when it's all looking nice, and I have more cash...:

6: SUPERCHARGE !!!
(don't laugh - there's a guy in Australia who's done it already! AND he's getting 100Psi at as little as 2700Rpm!!!!! :p) )

Any comments or ideas?

Greetz

LoKi

Hugh

Hi and Welcome!! :laugh:

Firstly I'd not go bigger than 15" for wheels as the way the car handles can be affected.
Superchips are not worth the money. You would be better off getting a custom ECU set up or a piggy back ECU chip.

I too have looked at the supercharging of the K11, from what I found from my research it seems to be more trouble than turbo charging and the gains are not as good.

OP
OP
L

LoKi

Yeah, I was thinking def. a manifold and exhaust if the chip was a no-go. But I have GOT to get some cosmetics sorted out first! Alloys and painted plastics...

EDIT:

BTW, how much will a turbo conversion set you back? I can't do it myself - not handy enough..it'd have to be a pro job....

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
not sure on price of turbo. there is a kit you can get tho :)

lots of others will prob suggest this but have you thought of a 1.3 transplant, could be better in the long run :)

B

Ben

just thought that i would point out that there is a dutch micra forum too - aztek is from there if i remember correctly - anyways good luck