Here's the problem - but how do I fix it?

Since I got my car (dci) I've been struck by how noisy it is. The diesel engine sounds at times really heavy and rough. Today I partly found out why - the air induction pipe from the slam panel to the filter housing is coming loose.

When it sits loose at the filter housing end, the engine sounds really heavy and loud. But it's just a push fit, with no signs of any fasteners.

So how do I get it to stay tightly connected?

Over to the experts...

How secure is the whole air filter housing? On these engines the fuel filter is situated underneath the airbox, so the air filter assembly is dissassembled rather frequently. It may be worth just dissassembling it and reassembling it, making sure it all goes back together properly. Id also make sure that that bolt at the front of the air induction pipe is tightened, incase it can rattle there too.

Diesels can sound heavy and rough, to be honest I've been rather suprised with how quiet mine is, especially now theres 106k on the clock............

Since I got my car (dci) I've been struck by how noisy it is. The diesel engine sounds at times really heavy and rough. Today I partly found out why - the air induction pipe from the slam panel to the filter housing is coming loose.

When it sits loose at the filter housing end, the engine sounds really heavy and loud. But it's just a push fit, with no signs of any fasteners.

So how do I get it to stay tightly connected?

Over to the experts...

The little edge on the intake pipe that fits in side the airbox. Might be worn down a bit so it doesnt 'click' in as securely as it should.. maybe try visiting a scrapyard and get it from another DCi K12, or get a new one. You could try glue or something.. but that would make it all a bit permanent and stuff.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

The little edge on the intake pipe that fits in side the airbox. Might be worn down a bit so it doesnt 'click' in as securely as it should.. maybe try visiting a scrapyard and get it from another DCi K12, or get a new one. You could try glue or something.. but that would make it all a bit permanent and stuff.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
Solved the problem when I did this mod to the inlet feed on my petrol K12.......

Back