how do i get the rear springs out?

loosen rear wheels. jack car up in middle of the rear axle. unbolt the top of the shocks (in the boot) then one at a time stand on the drum and kick the spring out...;)

the title says it all really. i need my rear springs out but dont no how to go about this lol cheers

undo a shocker bolt/nut (top, if the bottom one is siezed), jack the car, remove the wheel, then push the hub down :)
SP beat me lol

stevie mate i done it the other way jacked the car up took the wheel off losened the bottem of the shocker as its easier that the one inside when its lose get some one to stand on ya drum/disk and apply force downwards as some one else pulls at the spring it should just easily pop out

stevie mate i done it the other way jacked the car up took the wheel off losened the bottem of the shocker as its easier that the one inside when its lose get some one to stand on ya drum/disk and apply force downwards as some one else pulls at the spring it should just easily pop out

i think my hole car will be rusted and seized underneath lol. ill go have a look soon cheers.
is it easy enough to get a spring back in?

yea mate in reverse order just wack loads of wd-40 on the bolts and get your self a breaker bar and a blow torch as you might need heat

its fine cheers mate, just done it all now. i jacked it up on the jacking points with both the top bolts on suspension undone. got my mate to stand on the calipers and i pulled out the spring. i tryed most ways on here and completley failed then tried my way and got it first time so well happy :D. put the matiz springs on and it has dropped it a lot and made it a much firmer ride on the back. just need the front done now lol. cheers everyone

argh im sure that if you drop one side than the other it will eat through tyres or something and can even make it more twitchy in the corners mate but dont quote me on that

aye well im doing the front next week when i get paid and going to pick some new alloys up next friday aswell with tyres but you will have to wait and see what they are :D

Back