Help wiring rear lights

Scouse boy

Buy & Sell Member
Hi guys,

treated myself to some march rear lights today, and obviously was immediately wanting to fit these badboys... then thats where i've got my problem. I dont have a clue on how to wire them up! grrr I know, right? was wondering if any of you micra wizards would be able to help me out?

these are the one's i've got if you're wondering what design:

Marchrearlights.jpg

thanks in advance kids

Craig

no mate, its a different holder as the hazards, lights and reverse are all in different places... what a pain!

Craig

Ah right, fair enough. I'm not so hot on wiring up lights, but I'm sure someone else on here is. They look nice though (Y)

it looks there are 3 different guides on here, facelift, pre/f, japspec :eek: you should be able to work them out with the help of a meter tho craig

hmmm a meter you say Frank? I don't have a meter, but i have one of them gold thingys which you have a crocodile clip to earth and a metal pin to put on earth's to see if there is a current?

hmmm a meter you say Frank? I don't have a meter, but i have one of them gold thingys which you have a crocodile clip to earth and a metal pin to put on earth's to see if there is a current?

that would suffice mate :) you could stab a sewing pin into the wire and see which one is live when you switch the lights/indicators/brakelights on

ive done that, but for some strange reason when i picked up the march lights, each indicator, light and reverse light had one of their black wires combined together which was attached to the plug... does that make sense? i just read it back and i may have confused myself too haha

ive done that, but for some strange reason when i picked up the march lights, each indicator, light and reverse light had one of their black wires combined together which was attached to the plug... does that make sense? i just read it back and i may have confused myself too haha

common earth maybe ?

hmmm well when i seperated them, they didn't work... but when i attached them all together and turned on my hazards, both the hazard light and side light remained on but at a dim light :S i seperated them but nothing at all.... it's as if, the black wire was forming a circuit? crazy times i tell thee Frank!

hmmm well when i seperated them, they didn't work... but when i attached them all together and turned on my hazards, both the hazard light and side light remained on but at a dim light :S i seperated them but nothing at all.... it's as if, the black wire was forming a circuit? crazy times i tell thee Frank!
if they,re dim its an earth problem eh craig

really? so if i can wire them up to, say, the body of the car then that should fix le problemo Franko?

it probably means you are earthing though another bulb mate, and feeding 2 filaments in series.
you need to pinpoint each wire first (find what it feeds and label it) else you,re gonna be just guessing :eek:

Back