led rear lights

not hard if you know what you are doing... its only a few wires that need doing, not all of them...

there is a guide for these if you are a member you can find it in the guides section...

i've done it on my set which Wilsonian bought off me... he is selling them ready to fit, they have been tested vyt never fitted so are brand new...

Check his thread in Buy&sell section... otherwise if you are local to me i can do it for you...just PM me...

Well i'll let u know how difficult they are to wire up, when I have to wire up my new lights, (although not the same).
I'm not too far from you (kent) just down the A2/M2 if u run into difficulties :p

Well i'll let u know how difficult they are to wire up, when I have to wire up my new lights, (although not the same).
I'm not too far from you (kent) just down the A2/M2 if u run into difficulties :p
You will have more trouble as yours need modified bulbholders too ;)

Get nex to do it like he did mine!!! Total new set of holders moulded into the original shape. Was Arnolds good idea, and Nex's good knowledge :)

Smash them and you'll get a slap :p

Anyway, back to deano's thread, can't believe there 120 squid, but they do look nice :)

It's an identical connector block, but some of the wires need to be switched round. I have a set fitted to my K11, they're lovely! :)

wat u mean some of the wiers need to be switched around like wat ?

Basically when you get your new lights they will fit to the body exactly the same... 3 bolts...

The connecting block between your old bulb holders and old light unit is detached as you remove the old lights...

this block is a 100% straight fit into the new light fixture... **BUT**

a few wires on each of the NEW L.E.D lights have to be swapped around...

Do not swap the wires on the car side at all just mod the New ones as its easier if you ever switch back or sell the lights on...

so you'll do on side first... i cant remember right now the colours but if you post a pic of the wiring block i can let you know...

when i got my LED lights i was told they would have to have the wires switched round. however i got a guide but it didnt make sense!!!!!

so i went to the car, unclipped the rear connector block!! and attached them to the led connector block!!!

i then turned the side lights on!!! i cant remember what lighted up but lets just say my indictor did!!!! i then took out the corrisponding wire for the indictors and then attched this to the corrisponding wire linked the rear lights!!!!!

it took me a while to figure out all the wires but i kept trying it because i wanted to learn myself and have a go.......BUT if you dont want to learn and have ago urself i will post a picture of where everything goes!!!!

napster

if u could do this for me napster because that would be of great help thanks mate i jus dont know how u would swap the wires over if u get me do u need like some special tool to change the wires or not cheers
deano

Back