happy :)

camoxodka

car half done :)
well basically mam bought me a micra sr 1997 r reg 1.3 manual for my first car. like six months ago and she said i am not allowed to touch it until i pass my theory. so i have passed my thoery on the 1st november :) wooohhooo :D and know i can start to work and mess with it. i was just wondering what should i start with. btw i have no audio because the seller took it out :( so can somone recommend me a cd player with a aux or usb. :)
also i am having a debate wether i should keep the mudflap on both the front and the back. i want to take them off and strip the lines of the side. but the problem is, is that i dont know how the line are on through a sticky strip which holds them on or clips :(
can someone help me please.

that is the first think i want to do. :)

first the strips are help on with tape stuff which is a pain to get off but petrol and time will do it or a toffe wheel

and halfords for cheap half decent audio

what do you mean toffe wheel ?
and i have been looking on halford at the clarity. but still dont know. :)
i am a bit skint atm i have about 50 quid :)

ebay is your friend when it comes to audio, don't worry about an amp etc, just get a set of decent speakers and try to get a bluetooth handsfree kit and a phone holder - this will help save your license

cheers man :) but i wont be using my phone in the car anyways :p and i have been looking on ebay alwell. because i know a guy at halford so he said i will do a 20% discount because he is the manager of the halford near me :) so i might just pop in and see him, and see if he can sort me aout a goodie bag :D what speakers would you recommend

dont go to halfords for audio if you want to keep your money, just dont bother lol. way overpriced for what you get imo, try caraudiodiscount.co.uk instead. you need 6" components OR coaxial speakers for the sr, they will be sold in pairs and you can get coaxials for the back anf components for the front. or see if theres a deal on that gets you all 4. other small car forums (polo etc) tend to have a lot of cheap audio for sale too, just gotta hunt about :)

right okay valman :) i will have a look on that website :) because i was thinking of just geting the cp player but if you are saying change the speakers aswell then it must mean the bog standard speaker are ####e :).

also people what about the mudflaps ?

My K10 (10 years ago) had a puny radio with one speaker hidden in the dash - nothing else.

I used 13cm speakers in the doors, and 2 6x9s in the parcel shelf - I had to fix an MDF board under the shelf to support the weight, and then a blanket over the top to hide the speakers.

Pioneer are a decent enough make at their budget end, certainly should meet your requirements.

Mudflaps... I say remove them. Just be prepared to wash the side and rear of the car more frequently, especially in the wetter/dirtier months.

That is your answer:

ts-e170ci_cAT.jpg

Pioneer TS-E17ci

and get a decent Sony or Pioneer HU with built-in Mosfet amp and you're ready.

yeah those speakers are good value for money, but if youre on a tight budget, id get a headunit first. i have a jvc in mine now and its very very good for what it is, couple of my friends asked me if i have a subwoofer (which i dont have installed atm) but the standard speakers aren't too bad and were way ahead of their time. i'd go as far as saying theyre better than 70% of what you can get from halfords as a direct replacement

Back