Edworthys - not happy

I placed an order online with Edworthy's on Wednesday last week. Their website says 2-4 days for delivery, so I wait until Wednesday this week, then ring them to ask where it is, just to see if it had been dispatched, as I had received no email. Guess what - they have no record of my delivery. It takes them 10 minutes to find any record of my order, and then they have the wrong address down for delivery, so I change that. They tell me it has been dispatched however and it is on it's way.

Friday now and still nothing. So I rang them earlier on and hey, they STILL have the wrong address down, even though the guy I spoke to said he had changed it. Then they tell me that apparently there were no manifolds in stock and they had to ask Janspeed to make one??!! The guy I spoke to today said he would have to ring Janspeed and then call me back. 3 hours later and still no reply.

I am not a happy bunny.

yeh i asked bout these guys before were over 100quid cheaper on some wheels i wanted asked bout on here before i paid n got bad reviews so didnt use instead i ended up going to potn werent too bad customer service was ok too

edworthy's have messed me about for my manifold, i asked them for a refund and a guy called tim said, yes its been done i stood over my accountants shoulder when she did it so i know it went in.....

nothing, three weeks gone past,

so i call and eventualy get through to tim again, "oh well ill send you a cheque then, ill send it tomorrow..."

a week later.... nothing,

so i rang today and said i have posted a letter of intended prosecution and a claim for costs due to the fraudulent nature of your business......

hes sending me the cheque tonight 24hr delivery by couror....

if that doesnt arive... ill don my best kicking shoes and go pay them a visit...

its costing me money, and thats not right...nor legal.!!!

Yeah, I rang today and spoke to Tim, he told me that he would be sending out another cheque first class which should be with me tomorrow. Put it this way: I am not holding my breath. Clearly they are taking us for a ride, I do not know if I am actually going to see my money again, I don't want to have to take them to court but that is what it might come down to. Certainly if I don't have my money by the end of the week a letter of intended prosecution will be winging its way to them. Scum.

dont worry matey, after i have taken them for every penny, ill mak sure you get some too....

and no hes a .....something i cant say on here but nearly did..

So how exactly have you played it then? Have you actually sent them a letter, or did you get a solicitor to send it? I have been on to Consumer Direct and they have advised me to send a recorded delivery letter demanding my money and giving them a deadline to pay it back by. This will then act as proof in court.

i have sent them a letter today and have a photo-copy of the letter too..

but i am thinking of speaking to trading standards. and also some national press may want to know. watch-dog is a good start.

but yeah get a solicitor to send them a letter demanding your money be returned and that any costs that may have been incurred are also redeamed.

they are theives and i did actualy mention that i am not the first customer to be "messed" with, and he shut up for a few seconds.

hes a lier, they are theives and im going to get my money back one way or another, even if it means sending the heavies...

Just report them to trading standards. They're obviously useless and so many other genuine people have probably been ripped off too.

Nice one from edworthys when looking at the Nissan Micra Janspeed Manifold!!

Customers who bought this product also bought the following products:

* EBC PEUGEOT Groove Front Brake Discs
* BMW 3G 10-Groove and Dimpled Rear Brake Disc 294mm Diameter, 19mm Thickness, 5 Hole Pattern
* HONDA 3G 20-Groove Front Brake Disc 282mm Diameter, 23mm Thickness, 4 Hole Pattern
* RENAULT 3G 10-Groove and Dimpled Front Brake Disc 259mm Diameter, 20.6mm Thickness, 4 Hole Pattern
* Black Diamond Saab Brake Hose Kits
* Green FORD Dynatwist Air Filters (Silver)
* Samco Vauxhall Mixed Hose Kit
* Alpine Steering Wheel Remote Interface KWE-875E
* Ferodo Front Brake Pads for Peugeot 305
* Recaro Right Subframe with Airbag Resistor and with Height Adjuster Removed for Vauxhall (Opel) Frontera

So customers who purchased a janspeed Manifold for a micra also brought stuff for a Ford, Saab, peugeot, BMW, Honda, Renault, and Vauxhall!!

Highly unlikely me thinks!!! Seems a very strange company and I will have no dealings with them at all.

I hope you guys manage to sort this out!!!

any of this paid on credit card? if so go stright to them and tell them you want your money back.

Debit card, unfortunately. I have a feeling that I will get my money as soon as they get a letter from my solicitor: that way they can keep my money as long as possible, but avoid paying costs. This is my main concern, because I am going to get charged stupid amounts of money for a letter to be sent just so I can get MY money back. I am beyond words at the moment. So, so angry.

Right, the time has come. Just got off the phone to Tim, because surprise surprise my cheque hasn't arrived. I was pretty blunt with him: just said "either you get me my money by Friday or I will be issuing a county court claim". His immediate response was "no problem, I will get another cheque off to you today which will be with you tomorrow" LOL, please, never heard that one before mate! He also had the cheek to ask me if my address was correct, to which I replied "don't give me that, I have been speaking to several others who have been waiting for cheques to arrive from your company and none of them have had their money either". He just said "I don't see how that has any relevance to you" what an utter parasite. Will be fun making them pay my interest and court fees :)

jesus wept, your getting some 'poo' from this company. Why dont you start to file the claim today and really get up their arse's ! are they paying the extra interest in this check ?

also did he send the check recorded ? i would ring him back asking him to send this second check special delivery before 9am, get a reference number too so you can check it online.

Yep, that is exactly what I intend to use. I will give them until Friday, hopefully after today's conversation they will realise that I am not just going to write this money off and will actually send me it. If not, then on Tuesday I will begin my claim using the online service. In the meantime I have been kicking up a stink on all of the forums I frequent, I have been on to Consumer Direct and I have spoken to my bank, because apparenty you can do a 'chargeback' with a debit card as well as a credit card. Although they informed me that they might take up to 3 months to consider my position and decide whether to retrieve my money from these lowlifes.

Edworthys are pretty poor for service. Heres a little story about a Micra k12 spoiler.

I ordered a spoiler and it didn't come for over a week and I ordered fast delivery, I sent them an email and they replied back saying that the spoiler was getting imported and was on its way to them. I WAS NOT HAPPY THAT NO ONE HAD EMAILED ME PRIOR.

I sent them a reply saying I just want my money back, got a reply back saying not a problem leave it with us we will sort it! Heard or received nothing from them for 5 days, so I rung em and it went on for about 4 weeks me keep bugging them for a cheque or to send my money back via electronic transaction, I kept speaking to different people because others were on dinner break (at 3.30 in the afternoon!!!!) and they gave me all this crap about refunds are dealt with by there accountant only on Tuesdays and that someone will ring me back today (all crap) not once did they ever ring me back.

But in the end They did get pi**ed of with me and Jason (the guy I kept chasing up) did say over the phone he was getting annoyed with me and I said wheres my money then? And I said if I don't receive the cheque this week it goes to court.

Next morning received cheque :upside: and got cashed within days. Will never be going to edworthys again.

nah id seriously file the claim today! he is going to think ur blushing otherwise. just claim it today sooner u do it sooner u get ur money back in your pocket. thats my 2p neway

No point hanging around if they've messed you around for this long. Several complains on one forum alone, this company sounds dire! They should definitly be reported.

Rlees85, kill the txt talk. Cheers

Cheque arrived this morning, much to my delight. Funny how the threat of court meant that my cheque suddenly arrived after all those others mysteriously went missing eh?

Will never be dealing with them again.

Back