Oh Happy Days!!

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Well at long last Whitey comes home tomorrow.
Everything sorted including the cold start idle problem, supercharger coming in on demand and set up so you can paddle around town off boost until you well give the gas pedal a shove. Even then it is smooth and progressive as long as you do not knock it down a cog and really give it the boot. It can then become nasty with wheel spin.
So plan is to drive it around for a week or two and then down to the dyno for a final power run.
Around 85 kw at 10psi but now pulling a fraction over 12psi. So should hit 100kw.
Errol gave me a "loan" of a SC14 supercharger which would give at least 14psi. Its slightly longer than the SC12 but width, height the same so going to see if it is possible.

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi "White knight", sounds awesome. You must be glad to get your car back and fully operational at last. I look forward to more news about the results !.

Have you considered starting a new business using your micra to pull stumps out of the ground ?... ;)

cisco

» CMF Member
Hah that's awesome.

Yeah who cares about making 100kw. If you are spitting out 500Nm at 1000rpm, you don't need 100kw hahah.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
The beast is home!!
My God what a hauler!!
Any gear any speed and away she goes.
Totally and utterly driveable but ****e sounds like a Massey Ferguson tractor when cold.Snorts, grunts, groans and is like saying come on get some revs, boost into me, I aint happy sitting here on lumpy idle.
Will send some pics tomorrow Cisco along with all the upgrades. I feel funny about doing my own upgrade on the site. Anyway would probably muck it up.
Will punt her around for about 2 weeks and then down to the dyno.Boost gauge tells me 12.5psi.
" Does happy dance"

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
"Coot" now thats a word you do not hear much these days.
Seano a bevan is someone from the lower income suburbs whose personal hygene is none existant.So that means lots of em in Tassie and none in Canberra as you are all fat cats in that city.
They drive beat up old Dunnydoors/Falcoons/Tryhard Toranas with loud exhausts and any form of wide wheels and not neccessary that the wide wheels are all the same width.
Would not be seen in a Jap car.

Back