Had an accident!

Bumped into a 4x4 in front of me earlier pulling onto a roundabout. Unfortunately it had a great big tow bar & spare wheel on the back which have left a nice imprint in my Micra's bonnet. Just wondered if anyone had any advice on what I should do to get it repaired. As I see it, my options are:

1) Go to a scrap yard and hope to find a metallic turquoise bonnet - how likely is this?

2) Order a new bonnet off eBay or the like & have it re-sprayed - don't think I could do this well myself and worried that Nissan would charge a fortune to do the job.

Any words of wisdom from the experts?

it all depends on how you want to do it as if you go through insurance they will just write it off mate best bet is to go to scrap yard or order them off ebay best way mate

Bumped into a 4x4 in front of me earlier pulling onto a roundabout. Unfortunately it had a great big tow bar & spare wheel on the back which have left a nice imprint in my Micra's bonnet. Just wondered if anyone had any advice on what I should do to get it repaired. As I see it, my options are:

1) Go to a scrap yard and hope to find a metallic turquoise bonnet - how likely is this?

2) Order a new bonnet off eBay or the like & have it re-sprayed - don't think I could do this well myself and worried that Nissan would charge a fortune to do the job.

Any words of wisdom from the experts?

deatons in chesterfield/ stavely has the bonnet mate in metallic turquoise and the grille.

Thanks for your replies. Found a mint bonnet at a scrapyard in Pease Pottage at the bottom of the M23.

It'll be ready for me to collect on Monday.

Is the bonnet easy to replace or is it gonna be a garage job?

And does anyone know if the scrapyard will take my old bonnet or do I have to get rid of that myself?

disconnect washer fluid pipes from the jets and where it is cliped to on the bonnet. dont know if the bonnet your getting will have the jets in the bonnet should have if they havent been taken out. if so you will have to take the jets from your old bonnet off to put on the new one.get some one to help hold the bonnet while you remove the bolts from the brackets. refit in reverse of removal but dont tighten the bolts beacause it may need lining up if the new bonnt is not marked where it is to sit on the brackets. its easy mate you can do it

Back