is it worth fixing it?

hi there,

just had an accident today. the axle of the car is broken.

now tow by the police.

it is mystique X reg

now if i want the car back it would be around £300 (150 to pick up from the yard + they deliver 120 to my house +20 a day) + the price to fix the car.

or i can go though insurance and get it claimed.

do any know how much is the axle +labour?

the car only done below 50000 miles.

sad to see it go to the scrap yard.

On my first micra it cost me £100 to get the axle at for it to be fitted it was free me and a friend did it, only took a couple of hours thanks to some stiff bolts

sorry to hear this
would love to hear how it snapped like a twig
you have the right idea with that low mileage

i know.. this is a bit ####..... i went to luton to do my exam today. i probably got too much on my mind so i didnt relaise the car in front is breaking.. he is weird anyway i dont why he is breaking in a 50 miles zone. we were driving max 40 anyway....

stupid taxi driver..

anyway i think i will have to give the car a miss now. cos it is no point to fix it - £300 to get it back and another £400 to fix it. i know it's a good low milage micra.... but finger cross i can get around £800 from insurance (saw 2 x same milage mystique for £1400 then - access (£300) - another £300 for spare - incase they think micra dont worth that price.)and look for another micra.

do anyone know is the insurance work like that?

i had 3 cars at one time (1 and a half months ago) and i got none now.... lol...

anyone got a micra for sale give me a shout i might be interested.

On my first micra it cost me £100 to get the axle at for it to be fitted it was free me and a friend did it, only took a couple of hours thanks to some stiff bolts

i am no good at this at all. so i think i have to paid for the labour - which is £300 =.='

i was thinking it only cos £200 to fit but if it is over £500 in total i think i have to write it off.....

poor old micra...

its like the curse of the gold micra sr
an d i have seen many peop;e do this sharp breaking infront of me obviously to claim the fullist
watch out out their

A 2000/2001 K11 micra with 50,000 miles on the clock is worth £1,500 with full mot and tax....maybe abit more if it was sat on a dealer forcourt. if it only costs you £500 to get it back from scrappy and fix the axle then i would say its a sound option if you plan on keeping the car for a year or more.

On the other hand if you go thru the insurance it can take upto 4 months.....a artic lorry reversed into my classic mini with me sat in it back in 2008 causing £1,000 of damages i went thru my insurance and they gave me a free courtesey car and paid for the repairs.

Jas:blues:

Sorry to hear about the car,not bad enough that it's damaged but it costs a fortune to get it back after it was kindly recovered...(I've been hurt before)Other good thing about breakdown cover,they get you out of trouble when you smash your car up too..
How far from home is the car stored?£120 makes it sound a long way away unless the car is going to be a pain to load/unload.Does it still roll?Ring around for prices from local dodgy recovery firms/scrap car dealers who may welcome the work for less ££.
Ask local backstreet garages,might be able to trim a little from the fitting price maybe..
Otherwise..sounds like your insurance premiums are going up anyway so if you want an easy life & are not majorly attached to the victim you need to find out from your insurance company exactly what they will pay you & go from there...

Back