gutted! - advice?

NiteSite

Ex. Club Member
I bought my micra sr 6 weeks ago and have had nothing but trouble with it. i've had 2 people reverse into whilst it was parked up ( not down to my parking either! :p ) punctured tyres, some questionable wiring problems and now my clutch and gearbox may need looking at. An assesor from the insurance company has come to look at my car and they're going to let me know when they can repair it, or if they're gonna write it off. needs a new wing, front sr bumber, grill and headlight.

Admitidely I should have looked at the car more thouroghly than i did when I went to buy it, but i fell in love with it as soon as i saw it :blush: I bought it from a friend of a friend and was assured i could trust the guy, but now i'm not so sure!

Also turns out the rear of the chassis maybe slighty bent too grr

I just wanna know whether I should strip this micra and get a new one, or throw more cash at it? It's a shame because it's 15,000 below average mileage and the engine is mint condition.

that probably didn't make sense, i'm half asleep and very pissed off

so repair, or strip and new micra?

Well, really its up to you mate. See what the insurance company say first, and then go by that. Try to hang on to it, but if its gonna cost you lots of money, then probally get rid of it.
Titch

you sed yourself you fell inlove with the car so why sell it?
i say keep it and fix it m8

Yeh I want to keep, I'm just going to wait and see if they're going to repair the front damage or write it off. If they write it off I'll take some bits off (wheels, alarm etc) and sell them seperately then get a new one. If they fix it I'll have it thouroughly checked over when I get it back and see what exactly needs doing and see if the chassis is actually bent or not.

This is what i think needs doing so far:

new clutch
new gearbox or box rebuild
possible new rear axle
new rear bumper (may be able to repair with fibre glass - it's snapped just above rear arch)
possibly new rear axle
new drive shaft
new interior roof (has holes from tweeters)
new door cards
bit of touch up on paint work - quite a few tiny scratches and marks

:(

i have roof lining,drive shafts,rear axle,clutch and box for sale from my super s that im breaking if you need them let me know

looks like fate decided for me :(

crashed my car literally outside work last nite. went round the corner, steering decided not to work so hit those yellow thingabobs at the end of the junction then up a kerb and into a hedge. no body damage but the steering is knackered, you can turn the wheel bout 30 degrees right and there's no response plus the wheels really loose. think this is a defo sign to get rid.

I'll be posting a list up later of all bits i'll be stripping & selling - all i'm keeping for myself are the apillar covers

cheers
Lee

Back