Gutted :(

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
When't to view this tonight, thought it was going to be a diamond! 3 and half hour round trip and its ####ing bent as a 3 pound note :p

Before anyone else wastes a journey; Battery was flat! Fair few dings, sill's BADLY welded, front cross member was rotting, back box was rusting away and to top it all of there was some really odd watery oily #### gushing out of the exhaust!

Got my hopes up a tad to much with it! Link below.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1996-P-Nissan-Micra-SR-1-3-3dr-Black_W0QQitemZ380162960123QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item58837a6afb&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

thats the thing with prefacelift. went to see a few "mint" ones myself only to find they had rust spots under the sills an illegal immigrant could fit in

thats the thing with prefacelift. went to see a few "mint" ones myself only to find they had rust spots under the sills an illegal immigrant could fit in

Too true, it was'nt the rust spots that worried me that much as thats typical of micras and many other older cars, its the things that didnt quite add up that worried me, the bloke was'nt that convincing either, quote 'ive seen many micras before now and never had a problem with rust' .. huum he obviously hadnt seen enough then :p

That looked like a stunner in the photo.

I think 99% on Micra's that old will have or will have had rust problems/dents/scratches. Not sure if any SR's Super S came without sunroofs, given the choice one without is preferrred, the sills always rot on cars with a sunroof.

I wouldn't worry about the watery oily exhaust, clearly from the flat battery the car has been stood for a fair while, that means the condensation in the exhaust brings some of the deposits from the exhaust out with it, I have a Micra that doesn't move a gets run once a month or so and it does exactly the same.

It may well be possible to find that illusive 1 in a 100 car, but you're going to have to be prepared to look at a lot of sheds before you find it. I always get fed-up and settle for the best of the rest.

Good luck with your search :)

That looked like a stunner in the photo.

I think 99% on Micra's that old will have or will have had rust problems/dents/scratches. Not sure if any SR's Super S came without sunroofs, given the choice one without is preferrred, the sills always rot on cars with a sunroof.

I wouldn't worry about the watery oily exhaust, clearly from the flat battery the car has been stood for a fair while, that means the condensation in the exhaust brings some of the deposits from the exhaust out with it, I have a Micra that doesn't move a gets run once a month or so and it does exactly the same.

It may well be possible to find that illusive 1 in a 100 car, but you're going to have to be prepared to look at a lot of sheds before you find it. I always get fed-up and settle for the best of the rest.

Good luck with your search :)

exactly right my dad was looking for a transit van, we went to see one it was a rite shed, the guy goes if you dont buy this you dont want a van, my dad turnes round and says i dont want one then and walked back to our car and drove off.

well I just sent him a message and he has just sold it today for full asking price!

Im not surprised with that mileage. I dont think im necessarily looking for that 1 in 100 micra but I just was'nt overly happy with it. I may be picky but this just was'nt the one for me. As for the exhaust I know full well about watery deposits coming out after being stood for a long time but the bloke told us he only got it in the day before and there was a fair bit of deposit.

Overall your probably right, I cant expect to be so picky with a 13 year old car :D Good luck to whoever bought it and I hope they join the club.

Back