Absolutely gutted!!!!

NiteSite

Ex. Club Member
I was driving home from work this morning and I could see smoke filling the back of my car, pulled up opened my boot to have a look and the wiring for my taillights had melted together along with my bootlid too.

Was nearly home so carried on driving and my ABS light came on, i could hear fuses blowing and then smoke out of the front of the dash! When I was home I took my fuse box cover off to find back of the fuse box on fire.

I'm gutted, love the car to bits :down:

Does anybody know what might have caused this?

I think I'm going to be breaking the car now as I've spent enough money on it already.

Will post later this afternoon and let you know if I'll be breaking (ABS model SR) my car or not

Lee

Well obv it was an electrical fire, what all were you running?

Maybe overloaded something, and it's just melted everything.

Just a clarion headunit, components and some 6x9's

i still had the earth from my old sub connected to my car, if that would have done it.

I've fried thw hole loom apparently so I think i will deffo be breaking

Yea - you'll of fried it all if your fuse box went on fire anyway :(

Um - all i can think of is you may have wired something in, and its been to much and then just melted, then caught fire.
Reason i say this is cause i almost did it when i was at Waynes :(
wasn't fun :(

Yeh, well my stereos been dodgy for ages if you have it quite loud, randomly turning off when you put the fan on full or put full beams on o_O

Ah well :down:

i've not stopped having trouble with the car since i got it... maybe this is a sign that i should deffo move on and start again :)

same thing happened to me,

it happened when one of the fuses didn't blow and the wire melted threw all the other wires and joined them all together...

took me 8 hours to fix but i isolated the battery as soon as it happened...

so sorry to hear mate,

anyway what parts have you got for sale :p

That has to be gutting, look on the bright side though, at least the car didn't set on fire like that Golf did a while back. Will you be getting another Micra, or a comletely new car?

In a bit of a bad way, it's a pity it didnt catch fire more. At least you would have had insurance covering it.

yea either way a write off thou, and then you'd have no bits to sell so i suppose it went wrong in the best way if you see what i mean...o_O

I'm getting another Micra :D

I'm glad the whole thing didn't catch fire... prefer to break it to be honest.

Everything will be for sale, except power steering pump/rack... keeping that for my next super s/sr

Already had 3 people asking about rear calipers and discs lol

I've still got to find somewhere to store the car whilst it's being stripped though, as parents are adamant it's not stopping here! I will let you know when i've defo got somewhere to keep it!

VULTURES!!!! :D

Like I said, need to find somewhere to keep it before it get stripped

I'll put a "breaking" post in Buy & Sell when it's sorted.

Goodies? well list of things i can think of...

Janspeed Cat Bypass
Powerflow b/box
Springs
Wheels
Clifford Concept 650 alarm (needs removing/installing professionally to be valid under warranty apparently)
Orig SR Alloys
Ecotek & Silencer
K&N 57i
Pipercross Cone Filter
Richbrook Gear Nob
Gear surround and Leather Gaiter
SR Bumpers/Fogs
SR Seats
SR Doorcards
Spoiler
Green Dials
C/Coded Mirrors
Electric Windows motors/buttons/etc.
Rear opening windows
Wings
Bonnet
Grill
Tailgate
Speakers
Rear Discs/Calipers/Mounts/New pads - Quickdraw already dibbed :p
Power steering (possibly keeping this)
Lights
1.3 Gearbox & Clutch (g/box from x reg. low mileage micra... clutch 3 month old new genuine nissan part)
1.3 Engine (65k)
1.3 ECU
1.3 Shafts
etc etc

RE: RE: Absolutely gutted!!!!

quickdraw said:
ive got the rear discs hubs calipers and his new pads mate ;)

Damn!!!

i'll get the cat bypass... how much do you want for that??

how much for the ecotek n electric windows (would i need the sr door cards?) if jayy dont want the backbox me interested in that 2

im interested in the janspeed cat aswell

also first dibs on the engine and box please:upside:

wounded to hear it mate. me dads renault 19 did the same, but it was down to the alternater, as for some reason, every R19 diesel hes had, and hes had a couple, the alternators like to die, so he had one re-conned - and the company bummed it, putting some wires in wrong places or summit, and when he bolted it all back in, he drove it for a couple of days and the wiring loom went bye byes :/

no 'dibs' for me lol

RE: RE: Absolutely gutted!!!!

Zephyr said:
tommo said:
no 'dibs' for me lol
lol looks like he wont be short of people wanting bits if he breaks tho :p (pm me details on the things i asked about plz if u do decide to break :) )

should do alright if its broken for bits, i think neil made enough money back when he broke his k11

Just had an auto electrician come look at it and the problem was my number plate lights - the wire was trapped behind a bolt and somehow this caused the wire to melt all the way down to the relay inside the boot and then my rear wiper wire melted here down to the fuse box :suspect:

I'm going to go get a new loom for the boot electrics from the breakers this week and then the elctrician is going to replace the 2 wires that go to fuse box. then all should be well.

I will be selling for £1000 as it is, once i have it repaired.

Back